Chapter 8:Katya

Katya's POV
As Trixie hugged me back, I felt the worries of the day melt away. Since she was taller than me, her head was in my hair and my head was in her neck. I was happy I had showered and washed my hair this morning. I could smell her. How pleasant it was. The soft smell of flowers and what I could only call hope and promise. This had to be what heaven smelled like. I slowly pulled away from the hug and chuckled awkwardly.

"Uh I am sorry about that. That was totally not okay. I just was super nervous and didn't want to let Ginger or my other friends down and well it feels good to know I didn't. Thank you so much. When do I start?"

"Well, I have a few more appointments today so I'll be in here. You are welcome to stay and look around. Dela can show you around and give you a rundown of what we do here and whatever she misses I can fill in later. How does that sound?" Trixie put her hand on my arm and smiled. Her touch and smile melted my heart.

"T-that sounds greats. Thank you." I turned around and grabbed the doorknob. "Oh and I am excited to work with you." And with that I left the room before she could say anything. I walked out and closed the door. After standing against the door for what left like a lifetime, I walked to find the dark haired woman that greeted me when I first got here.

"Yes. Uh huh. Yes ma'am Miss Belli. I will tell her. Yes, yes. 5pm that is correct." When I came into Dela's sight, she smiled and waved. I sat in a chair and waited for her to hang up the phone. I heard the click of the phone and then the sound of heels approaching me quickly. Before I knew it, she was hugging me. "Oh hi hi hi my name is Dela. It is so nice to meet you. Katya right?" With every word she spoke she shook me back and forth.

"Yes heh. My name is Katya, it is nice to meet you Dela. Trixie told me to come ask you for a tour." She released me and bounced up and down.

"Oh goodie. I would love to take you on a tour. Oh dear would you like a cookie? I bake cookies, muffins and cupcakes. Monday is cookie day, Wednesday is muffin day and Friday is cupcake day. Today is Monday so how about a cookie?" She held a tin full of fresh baked cookies up to me. I smiled and took a chocolate chip cookie. The smile on her face reminded me of my mother's. It was warm and loving even though we had never met before.

"Thank you Dela. They are great and needed after the night I had." The smile on her face dropped into a frown.

"Oh no. I am sorry to hear that Katya. Is there anyway I can help?"

"Heh, no no it was just because I was worried about getting the job. But I got it so I'm okay." She pulled into another hug.

"Oh good. Welcome to the Mattel Family! I'm happy to have somewhere other than Alyssa, Farrah, Bob, and Trixie. They are all great but they are always so busy with things. So maybe just maybe we can become friends and I don't know maybe talk or something." Dela started to play with her dress. I grabbed her hands and smiled.

"Of course we can be friends. I would like that very much. I believe I am going to like it here." Dela smiled at me and fixed her dress.

"Well then that is good. Now I will take you to meet everyone who makes up the Mattel family."