Chapter 9:Katya

Katya's POV
As Dela walked me to the stairs, she talked about the history of the company. "The company was started by Trixie's grandfather in 1990, five years before Trixie was born. Once Trixie was born, his attention turned to her. She quickly became his favourite, even though she had an older brother and later a younger sister. Trixie had an interest in music unlike the others. For her seventh birthday, she wanted a guitar. And well when your grandfather makes guitars for a living, the real problem is finding which one you want. When she turned seven, grandpa Mattel, as she calls him, got her a pink guitar trimmed in white. For Halloween that year, she dressed like her idol, Dolly." I giggled at the thought of a tiny Trixie carrying around a guitar bigger than her with a white jumpsuit on, white heels, and big blonde hair. "In 1997, Trixie's grandfather decided to do more than just make guitars for stars, he decided to make the stars to go with the guitars. He helped makes dreams come true and through all of the action, Trixie was right there watching. Unfortunately, four years later, Mr. Mattel became sick and when Trixie turned 20 he died. A year later, she inherited the company. She has tried her best to keep it all going and sometimes she forgets that she is not alone in this." Dela stopped and looked at me. "I am hoping that you could help her a little. When she lost her grandfather four years ago, she became a shell of who she actually was. All of us who work here are friends she knew before he died. And you are going to meet them so you can become their friends too." Before I could say anything remotely close to the word "no" Dela knocked on a door with the name "Farrah M." on it.

"Come in," a voice from the other side answered. As we walked in the room, the color pink assaulted my eyes along with bright bright lights. "Hi Dela, who is this?" A young woman stood from her desk and walked to us with a smile on her face.

"Hello I am Yekaterina, but please call me Katya. I am Trixie's new assistant " She shook my hand with a giggle.

"It is so nice to meet you Katya. My name is Farrah Moan. I am in charge of the advertising and what not. You know adding pops of color and sunshine." Farrah seemed to be just a ball of sunshine herself. "I've known Trixie since I was younger. When she was in her third year of beauty school, I was in my first. We became roommates and well I just kind of stuck to her like glue. She is pretty great. But welcome to the family and if you ever get tired of the lack of color in the rest of this place, you can come up here to see me. My door is always open."

"Thank you Miss Farrah. That is very kind of you."

"Oh please just call me Farrah. Forget all that Miss stuff." Farrah grabbed her bag as she spoke.

"Uh Farrah where are you going?" Dela stepped forward and asked.

"Oh heh I have a nail appointment. I am just dying for something new."

"But you just got them done a few days ago," Dela said looking puzzled.

"Well can't a girl get tired of the same old boring color Dela?"

"Trixie is going to kill you for leaving this early."

"Oh no she won't." Farrah walked over to me and put her arms around me." She has this new beautiful girl here to keep her occupied. She will be too busy to even see I am gone. It was great to meet you Katya and bye Dela. Love ya." And with those final words and a wink, Farrah was out the door.

"That girl is a mess in pink. Well let's see if we will have better luck with Bob." Dela grabbed my arm and lead me to another door. She knocked and a voice welcomed us in. "Caldwell, this is Trixie's new assistant."

"Well hello my name is Caldwell Tidicue. It is nice to meet the woman that saved me from running around with that pink nightmare." He laughed and held out his hand.