Chapter 17:Trixie

Trixie's POV
After getting dressed I walked down the stairs and waited for Katya in her living room. I had something planned for today at the office and I could only hope that Katya would be excited. I checked my phone to make sure that it was all set up and smiled when I got confirmation. "Katya? Are you almost ready?" Instead of an answer, Katya walked down the stairs and stood in front of me in shorts and a bigger shirt that hung off her shoulders.

"Does this answer your question? What are we doing today anyway?"

"That is a surprise."

"I don't like surprises, I have a heart murmur."

"Well at least you can die happen. Come on we are taking my car." I kissed my cats on their noses and fed them. Katya waited at her front door for me and closed the door when I walked out. "You look nice today."

"Hmm, I think that statement is false."

"Wait, did you really just say my compliment was false? How can a person find enough balls to tell their boss that they are wrong?" Katya shrugged her shoulders and reached for the radio.

"Let's see what Miss Mattel likes." I rolled my eyes as she listened to the first song on my Dolly CD. "What is this?

"The queen of country music that's what."

"I won't say it is trash because I might get fired. But no." Katya connected her phone to my car's Bluetooth and scrolled through her music. "Ah, here we go." Katya clicked on the song and ABBA's 'Dancing Queen' started to blast through the speakers.

"Ooh
You can dance
You can jive
Having the time of your life
Ooh, see that girl
Watch that scene
Dig in the dancing queen

Friday night and the lights are low
Looking out for a place to go
Where they play the right music
Getting in the swing
You come to look for a king
Anybody could be that guy
Night is young and the music's high
With a bit of rock music
Everything is fine
You're in the mood for a dance
And when you get the chance.

You are the dancing queen
Young and sweet
Only seventeen
Dancing queen
Feel the beat from the tambourine, oh yeah
You can dance
You can jive
Having the time of your life
Ooh, see that girl
Watch that scene
Dig in the dancing queen."

I sang the lyrics like they were my life story. Katya stared at me with a huge smile on her face. "Oh you can sing!"

"Yeah yeah yeah don't tell the world." Katya's smile somehow was able to get bigger. She rolled down her window and stuck the upper half of her body out of it.

"Trixie Mattel can sing! Did you hear me? Beatrice Mattel of The Mattel Company can sing!" Katya screamed at the top of her lungs. I pulled her in and rolled up the windows, locking them.

"Are you crazy?"

"Eh, just a lil bit." I shook my head and smiled as Katua started to dance in her seat. The rest of the drive to the office was filled with Katya and I singing ABBA songs. I pulled into my spot and turned off the car.

"Okay. You ready?"

"Haha, no. No I'm not."

"Too bad." I got out of the car and walked into the building with Katya following behind me. She looked around the office and was in shock. There were cans of paint and brushes along with tarps on the floor.

"Trixie what is all this?"

"Well you like art and I love your artwork. You talked about how me changing things wasn't me getting rid of my grandfather's memory so I want to start putting my own touches around." I walked to Katya and grabbed her hand. "And what better way than to have my assistant but more importantly, my new friend paint a mural to greet everyone?" Katya squeezed my hand tight as she looked around. "You can paint what you feel represents us as a whole. Which means you also Kat. I'm sure we will all love it." Katya let my hand go and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her as she cried.

"Thank you, thank you so much Trixie."

"You are one of us now. You are a part of this company and my life now. I wanted you to see just how important that is to me."