Chapter 26:Trixie

Trixie's POV
I smiled as I thought about Katya's reaction. She may be older than me but things fly right over her head. I sat up in bed with my laptop open, going over my calendar for the next few weeks. Katya sent me my to do list and the organized calendar of her making. I took my glasses off and ran my fingers through my hair, detangling it. My cats, or as Katya calls them my fluffy trio, laid on my bed. They kept me company while I worked. It was around 3:30 in the morning and here I was, still wide awake. I was thinking about tomorrow, thinking about Katya. It was crazy that now she knew I liked her, I'm kinda surprised she didn't pick up on it before. I shook my head as I thought about Katya and the way she acted when I told her. I could hear her voice change from the moment I said I liked someone, but she pushed past it. She was just the sweetest woman I had ever met. I sat hitting my pen against my leg, trying to decide what I wanted to wear and where I wanted to take Katya. I wanted to do something fun and unexpected, something that she wouldn't see coming. Crazy that I spend more time planning a date, rather than working but that is what makes life fun. I closed my laptop and laid on my bed, scrolling through my phone. I had to get some sleep, so I turned off my bedside lamp and pulled the covers over me.

I knew that I needed sleep but no matter which way I flipped and turned, I couldn't sleep. I finally gave up and got out of bed. I slipped my robe on, tied it, grabbed my phone and walked downstairs. I walked into the kitchen and ran water in my pink kettle that Kim bought me for my birthday. I turned the kettle on and sat on the counter, waiting for the water to boil. I unlocked my phone and scrolled through my emails and messages. As I looked through a text thread from Aja and Kim asking why I vanished from the party,  my phone buzzed with a message from Katya. It was currently 4:45am and Katya texted me. I opened the message and read it with curiosity.

Katya: Hey, um I know you might be sleep but I can't sleep and it fucking sucks.

I smiled with happiness at the fact that I wasn't alone in the not sleeping department.

Me: Same, I can't sleep at all. 

Me: Hey, you should come over. We can not sleep together and maybe we can talk about where we can go for our date.

I knew that Katya probably wouldn't come over this late but I felt like picking on her.
I locked my phone and jumped off of the counter. I turned off the kettle and made myself a cup a tea. I walked in the living room and sat down in my armchair. I grabbed the book I had been reading for the past six months and opened it to the bookmarked page. I took a sip of my tea as I flipped to the next page of my book.

My reading was interrupted by a knock at the door. I looked at the grandfather clock in the corner of the room, 5:40am. Who on earth would be here this late? It could be Willam or Courtney, they probably had another fight. I sat down my book and walked to the door. I looked out of the window and smiled as I saw a familiar blonde standing on my doorstep. I opened the door with a smile. "Hello Katya." Katya smiled back at me.

"Hello Ms. Mattel." I stepped aside as I looked at Katya.

"Please, come in." Katya walked inside and sat on the sofa. I closed the door and locked it. I walked back to my chair and sat down. "Not to be rude, but why are you here this late?"

"You said I should come over silly."

"I didn't think you would actually come." Katya leaned her elbows on her knees and smiled.

"Well, I can leave if you want."

"No, no. It is okay."

"I'm glad you said that because I wasn't gonna leave anyway." I rolled my eyes as I smiled.

"Do you want anything to drink?"

"No, I'm okay. Thank you though." I picked my book back up and began to read again. I could feel Katya's eyes on me. I looked up from my book and raised an eyebrow at her.