Prediction

Elegance at its finest and pain in its true form; a dancer is a daughter of passion and an admirer of agony.

 A few days later

"Are you ready Vasanthika?" squealed Amanagavalli with her arms flung across her chest. Seeing no response from her daughter's room, she flounced inside the room. She surveyed the room and could see the large bed placed at the corner of the room overlooking the garden. The balcony had a small niche where her daughters grew various ornamental flowers for their admiration.

The parrot cage hung from the hook near the flowers. The bed like any of the adolescent girls had strewn with clothes and fripperies. Amanagavalli let out a sigh of exasperation as she tried to organize the mess. 

She could also spot a few parchments of paper where Vasanthika tried her luck in the poetry describing love. Out of curiosity, she skimmed some of her verses.It was describing her daughter's passion for nature. A small smile escaped through Amanagavalli's compressed lips looking at the marvel of her daughter. Her eldest daughter Avarna's voice broke the reverie of the moment. She could see Vasanthika alongside her

"We are almost ready," said Avarna, she was adjusting her robe.

Amanagavalli gave an acquiescence nod. A driver came forward with a horse-driven carriage. girls climbed first , following by Mayavathi. Their maid Lavanika came with a pair of baggage occupying a seat behind Amanagavalli. The driver hastened the beast,it slowly began to wander through the streets of Srirangam.

Vasanthika cast her glance at the magnificent city through the diaphanous curtain of her carriage. It was bustling with activities. The city of Lord Ranganatha was on full verve to welcome the coming of the springs. The trees were in full blossom enchanting the onlookers with delight were placed indomitably across the banks of pristine river Kaveri. 

The day was very busy with the celebration of Kaumudi-festival of flowers were around the corner. Women and Men flaunted themselves silk with gold studded ornaments walking in the roads whispering something among themselves with delight

Now the cart passed through the market. The voices carried melange of voices conversing in Tamil, Telugu, and Kannada. Some Sanskrit were also to be heard occasionally. The shops were selling goods ranging from pulses, vegetables, clothes procured from different parts of the kingdom. There was heavy traffic of wagon carts lined up near the gunnery of the state busily unloading the goods. A farmer was arguing with the soldier regarding the price of his sack of rice.

One vendor stood on the high platform selling pearls procured from the land of Pandyas. Another merchant was selling silk tunics fetched from Cambodia. Thanks to Rajaraja chola , his past conquests is beneficiary to  Cholas.The state began to prosper through seas also undoubtedly. A roadside tavern was selling cobs of corn seasoned with pepper and salt. Near that, A bony girl beats a drum as an acrobat walks in a tightrope juggling balls amidst a semi-circular band of onlookers. Someone was singing devotional songs with tampura. The pedestrians gave him alms.

Near a shady banyan tree, a couple of girls ganged around a fortune teller. The old man examines the mounds in the palm of the young girl titling in various angles, muttering some unfamiliar words. Then he closed his eyes said the future of that young girl.

Vasanthika had been to this man earlier with her friend Chandramukhi.  Vasanthika's heart skipped a beat at this prediction even now her heart refuses to believe his words.

"Caught in the castle of Death. You lay in the bed of nails, feeding the death with your tears.

Pining for love, you escape to see him. 

When you see im, you melt in joyless and agony more. 

But be brave my child, Lord is giving more responsibility to you which you cannot neglect. For good of mankind.

Amanagavallii was speaking something to Vasanthika whose mind now is on the strange prediction.