Dance

Love brings a new flavor to the lives of Kulasekaran and Vasanthika. Their love story now reached a new height and could not be contained from the friends. Wherever he went, there he could see her. Kulasekaran's friends Nambi and Kuralan began to call him by her name. He would stare at his friends but deep inside he loved that little bit of teasing. 

That early morning Kulasekaran would practice his wrestling in a ground situated exactly on the backside of Vasanthika's house. That time his eyes would wander across the balcony of Vasanthika. She was leaning near the balustrade drying her long jet black hair with her towel. He loses the session as his opponent punched on his nose. 

Äiyoo", shouted Vasanthika. That alarm call was noticed by Ammangavalli. She came running towards her daughter. Seeing her mother, Vasanthika was blank. But her mother was too shrewd to notice the wrestling ground. Her eyes noticed both Kulasekaran and Vasanthika. Vasanthika ran inside her room fearing her mother's wrath.

There Kuralan helped Kulasekaran by his hand. "I think you should speak to her mother and get married soon. Ammangavalli would resist and she is known for her greed for money. "Kuralan lowered his voice "That old lady has a bunch of goons ready to attack anybody who laid their eyes on her daughter especially Vasanthika."

"She has two daughters Kurala. Avarana is more beautiful than Vasanthika, why would she be very protective over Vasanthika alone? does it make any sense?" Kualsekaran crossed his arms over his chest with eyes scanning her balcony.

"Maybe Vasanthika is not her daughter."Kulasekaran was flabbergast after hearing his friend's unusual answer.

"Stop speculating Kurala. Vasanthika must be the daughter of that old lady." 

"No my friend look at Ammanagavalli, Avarana. They are looking like a commoner despite being extraordinarily beautiful. They are surely lacking some kind of luster. But look at Vasanthika, she looks more graceful and brilliant. I am sure this Vasanthika must be some kind of royal. This lady should be interrogated to know the birth secret of Vasanthika. Who knows she may be a Pandya princess. Someday you would become a king of our town" 

"Stop Stop Kurala. Everything you utter is hypothetical." 

"There is a secret behind her birth. I have seen her mother visiting Hemalekha's father now and then."

"Kurala what could be the possible connection between them?"

"That you have to find my dear bridegroom," chuckled Kuralan. 

"Whatever may be the case. I love her. It will be consistent irrespective of her background."

"But convincing your mother would be difficult. What is your plan regarding that?"

" My mother would never accept her. It is next to impossible to make her understand. She is bound by traditional beliefs and practices."

That evening Kulasekaran and his friend Kuralan were standing near the entrance of the temple monitoring the crowd movements. It was the time of the festival in the temple with processional Lord came to the Mandap on the account of an auspicious day. The crowd was bursting with fervor and festive spirit. Vanamadevi along with Nappinai came to the temple to offer the prayers to the Lord. 

"Mami, can we sit and see the dance." It was Nappinai speaking to her aunt Vanamadevi.

"Sure my dear." She sat along with Nappinai.  Kulasekaran did not see his mother's presence in the temple. However, Vanamadevi clearly saw her son standing on the opposite side of the mandap with his friend Kuralan.

"Nappinai isn't Kulasekaran supposed to take night duty?"

"Mami, He has changed the duty from yesterday."