Madura Again

Aprameyar man with a golden fist -the epithet he earned due to his lifetime commitment towards medicines. His hands can bring back souls captured by Yama himself. Also, he can drive out any Bhoot Pichash from the body. He is capable of making powers of that Goblin sink to drains with help of his powerful knowledge in Atharvana Veda. Despite all these powers, he is now helpless before his granddaughter. His very own granddaughter Madura made him weak and hopeless.

" grandfather, can't you help me getting married to Kulasekaran?" spoke Madura with her wobbly throat.

Aprameyar was grinding some herbs with a pestle and chose not to look at screaming Madura. He was well poised and meticulously adding ingredients to the mortar. Madura turned towards her grandfather. All she could hear in that silent room was a raucous sound coming from that marble pestle. She narrowed her eyes in anger , twisted her forelock with her long index finger.

"I think I am speaking to you," reminded Madura.

While there was no response, Madura quickly rose from her place marched towards her grandfather. She jostled Aprtameyar grabbing his pestle by her hand. Within a few seconds, she flung the pestle far away. It landed with a thud sound breaking the unusual silence of the room.  Shocked Aprameyar looked at his hysterical granddaughter.

"Are you insane?" he bellowed in anger and agony.

"Yes I have become mad for want of his love!" declared Madura

"Why does he reject my love? Why? I cannot fathom his liking towards that devadasi. I saw yesterday with my own eyes. They were talking in the mango orchid outside the city. The whole town knows their love and many celebrate it. Can't they see ? Shame on the rest of you for not noticing this flagrant disregard of rules which devadasis should adhere."

"Get your facts correct. And I warn you. Dont loose your temper."

"How can I be quiet. Heard they are going to get married."