Chapter 5

Part 1: Jenny Humphrey

I wake up with Nate next to me. It's nice to feel somebody else's warmth next to me. "Last night was amazing. I haven't done that in almost 13 years," I tell Nate.

"Agreed. But seriously, 12 years? That's crazy!" Nate replies.

"When you become a parent, everything changes. You can't go out, and you can't do anything crazy. You would think it's awful, but seeing you child every day makes up for what you miss out on. Remember when Dan had Milo with him? He loved that baby so much even though he couldn't party at all," I explain to Nate.

"I guess one day I'll have that feeling of loving a child even though I can't do anything remotely irresponsible," he says.

Part 2: Serena Humphrey

I am so exhausted. Mia has kept me up all night for the past week. The twins were better than this, and there are two of them. Mom is taking care of the kids so Dan and I can get some sleep, then we're all going to Blair's for lunch and a play date, which Liz will supervise.

I get some laundry done and clean the house before Mom arrives. Then I do more laundry and re-clean the house (charm of being a mom). Soon enough, my mother arrives and takes the kids to her penthouse with Dad. Finally, Dan and I get our much needed sleep.

Part 3: Blair Bass

"Chuck! We need to talk for a minute!" I yell from our room. Dorota is keeping Henry until lunch, so Chuck has been working. He comes upstairs.

"What's up?" he asks.

" I have a surprise! I'm pregnant!" I say excitedly.

"Really! That's great!" Chuck replies.

"That's why I went to the doctor yesterday. I'm showing the ultrasounds at lunch today, if it's okay with you," I say.

"Let's tell everyone today!" says Chuck.

Part 4: Dan Humphrey

I wake up to an obnoxious alarm. "Serena, we've got to get ready to go," I say as I get Serena up. We get ready and get into the smelly mini-van.

We arrive at the Bass house. Eleanor, Cyrus, Lily, William, my dad (and his girlfriend Lisa), Dorota, Vanya (and their kids Anastasia and Leo), Blair, Chuck, Henry, Liz, Leah, Elise, Mia, Serena, and I are all there for lunch. It's very loud and chaotic with all the kids here.

Serena and I walk to meet Liz. "Hello, I'm your uncle and this is Serena, but don't say uncle or aunt. Just call us Dan and Serena," I say.

"Hey! I read your book! It was really good, but at the time I didn't know we were related," she replies. After Serena and I walk away, Dad and Lisa start talking with her.

Chuck comes over. He's become nicer because of Henry. "Hello, Humphrey," he says.

"I know this is awkward with Liz and everything, but we just need to get over it," I say.

"Agreed. Here's everything you need to know about Liz. She loves lacrosse, applesauce, pizza, and babysitting. Can she stay with you over the weekend? Henry and I are going camping and Blair will be in Paris," Chuck says.

"Sure. We need a babysitter for Friday, and I'm sure Serena will love extra sleep on Saturday," I say.

That's when it all happens. Everyone hears a loud slam and somebody rolls down the stairs. I run over there. It's Serena.

Part 5: Chuck Bass

The ambulance comes. Blair and Dan go with the unconscious Serena to the hospital. Dorota takes all of the kids. Vanya and I take a car with Rufus, Cyrus, and William. The women go in a car that Eleanor drives.

We get there and Serena is immediately taken into surgery. Everybody is in the waiting room. Blair says, "I would wait but I think this will cheer everyone up. I'm pregnant!" Everybody says their congratulation, but we're still antsy because of Serena.

Part 6: Dan Humphrey

I'm called by the doctor. "She's going to be okay, but one of Serena's lungs popped. She's on a ventilator right now, but she will need an oxygen tank and cannulas until she can get a lung transplant," he says.