Chapter 29

Jenny Archibald's POV:
There are flashing lights of blue and red. Sirens are on. Liz is soaked, on the ground, being put on a stretcher. Nate, the crying triplets, and I get into the ambulance.

"She's in critical condition. Her heart is malfunctioning and we think her respiratory system is failing," the technician says.

She left a note. It has a part for Jake, James, Lia, Chuck, Nate, and me.

Dear Everybody:
I have been hating myself and life for a while now, and I have decided it's not worth it.

Jake- I like you, but I'm not sure if I love you. Thank you for everything. You were the only person keeping me alive for the past couple of days.

James- I loved you. I never betrayed you. I was loyal and listened and trusted you, but you threw it away. Though our differences, I would like to thank you for your support and help through all those months.

Lia- Are you happy now? You destroyed my life, dug me into a hole so deep that I couldn't climb out. You are the backstabbing bitch that caused this.

Chuck- I'm sorry for walking out of dinner last month. I'm sorry for being a bitch. I'm sorry, and I hope you don't hate me more than you did.

Nate- I want you and Mom to know this isn't your guys's fault and there was no way you could have helped. You helped my mom through a lot years ago and now. You were there for my mom and me when nobody else was, and I want to thank you.

Mom- I love you so much and I don't want to leave you but I'm so depressed that this is for the better. This isn't your fault or Nate's fault. You raised me to be a polite (for the most part) and graceful girl. The only thing I'll be mad at you for is sending me to Constance. I wish I could stay, but if I stay, I will continue to feel all of this pain built up inside of me, and I don't want to be a burden. I love you, good bye.

I tear up. I hope she is okay. Liz is my baby, and I can't live with the guilt of not knowing what was going on for the rest of my life.

Nate Archibald's POV:
"Liz just got out of emergency surgery, where the fixed her respiratory system and heart. She's conscious," Jenny tells me as she walks into the waiting room.

A nurse walks in. "She's going to need a cast over the elbow on her right arm, one below her elbow on her left arm, and one below the knee on her left leg. What colors do you think she would want?"

I tell her, "Pink on her left arm and left leg, black on her right arm."

"Thanks!" She leaves the room and talks to the doctor.

Then she comes back a few minutes later. "She is asking for Nate," the nurse says.

I walk to the room.

"Hey, kid," I say.

"I'm so sorry. I'm not quite ready to face my mom, but I wanted to say sorry. I shouldn't have-"

"I'm sorry I didn't realize it had gotten this bad quickly enough. You shouldn't have had to do what you did in the first place. I want you to know that I will always love you like you're my own child, no matter what," I say, cutting her off.

"Okay. I'll love you like you're my actual father," she says. We hug, then I wave and leave.

"How'd it go?" Jenny asked.

"We had a great half father-daughter moment. She said she's not ready to face you, though," I answer.

"I'm going to talk to the doctor about options other than Ostroff," she says.

Jenny Archibald's POV:
"What are the options for when she's strong enough to be discharged?" I ask.
"There is Ostroff, but I don't recommend it because it is frigid. There aren't many options. Our hospital has a program with schooling, therapy, and we make sure they aren't self harming. It is minimal cost, at around $1000 per week," he says.

"We'll consider it."

I walk back to Nate.

"She's staying here in a program. She gets a room, food, school, therapy, and they make sure she isn't self harming for $1000 per week," I say.

"That sounds good," Nate replies.

"I think we should go home, get some sleep, pack," I say.

Nate Archibald's POV:
We're packing the last box. The moving trucks are here, ready to take the largest things to the house I grew up in.

My last memory from that house is Chuck being there, asking why I hadn't stayed with him. My father was in jail for drugs, embezzlement, and fraud. We had no money, and after I was kicked out by the Humphrey family for kissing Jenny, I had no place to go. That was a dark time.

The place has an attic, which has one central room and four rooms around it. The central room will be a playroom and the four rooms will be bedrooms, one for each triplet and one for Liz. The basement will have a guest suite and an entertainment center with a family Mac, TV, and stereo. The main floor will have the master suite, complete with a small sitting area, a bathroom, and a king size bed, and four bedrooms, assuming we'll have at least two more children and an office.
The main floor and upstairs have been done.

Serena, Dan, Blair, and Chuck are helping us finish the attic.
We arrive at the house. Jenny loved it the second we walked in. I know this house like the back of my hand. I love it; I have so many great memories.

I go upstairs to the attic. It's carpeted, and the doors already have the girls' monograms on them. Sophie's is sAe, Mary's is mAa, and Annie's is aAm. Liz's is eAf, as her full name is Elizabeth Felicity Archibald.

The playroom is going to have a lot of storage and is going to be a lemon yellow color. We have a butterfly chair for each girl, smaller ones for the triplets and a normal one for Liz. It's going to have a reading nook, a TV with a Wii, and a pullout couch.

Liz's room will be very light mint blue. It has a window seat, and we'll put a grey chevron pillow on. Her bedding will be floral and she'll have sheer white curtains. There will be a desk, a vanity, and a dresser. She has a walk in closet.

The triplets' rooms are going to remain white until we know their favorite colors. I'm excited for the renovation.