Chapter 8

Part 1: Nate Archibald

"Liz, time to get up," I say. It's four in the morning, and our flight leaves in three hours.

"It's too early. My bags are packed, so can't I wake up in an hour?" she complains.

"Nope. We have to go in thirty minutes," I reply. I'm not excited for a jet-lagged, sassy 12 year old girl on my hands, but it is what it is.

Thirty minutes later, we're riding down the elevator. I'm wearing my normal plane-ride uniform of sweatpants, a t-shirt, and some form of Nikes. Liz is wearing leggings, a sweatshirt, and Nikes. Her hair is in a side braid.

"Are you wearing makeup? I'm pretty sure your mom said nothing other than mascara and chapstick," I say scoldingly.

"Whatever. I got five hours of sleep last night and I really don't want to look like a raccoon," she answers.

"Fine," I reply.

Part 2: Blair Bass

"Chuck, we need to give Henry the whole 'even though we're giving the baby more attention that doesn't mean we don't love you any less' spiel," I tell Chuck.

"It would make more sense if we tell him when you're more pregnant," he says. I agreed.

He has changed since he found out he has a 12 year old daughter. That must be very difficult.

Part 3: Nate Archibald

We just boarded the plane. Liz is already asleep. I stay awake and read. I fall asleep and soon enough we're landing.

"Nate, wake up. We're here," Liz says.

"What?" I say. I'm very confused and half asleep.

"Get up. We're here," Liz repeats.

"Oh, okay," I say as I pull down our carry ons.

We get into a taxi, and after an hour we're at Jenny's. We immediately start packing the last room up. Our flight is in around five hours, so we need to leave in two hours.

Part 4: Jenny Humphrey

We're on the plane. I think Liz I more like Dan than me. She has her headphones in and is writing in her diary, which is actually a 200 page long novel, which she has based on herself and wants to get published.

Nate is reviewing some paperwork, and I'm watching a movie. Soon the plane lands. Liz is asleep, and it's late, so I don't want to wake her.

"Nate, what do we do? It's two in the morning, and she needs sleep," I say.

"I've got her," Nate replies. He picks up Liz with no problem while I get our carry ons.

We arrive at Nate's. He puts Liz on the couch (her bed isn't put together yet) and we head off to his room. We are so tired, but tomorrow at nine, I have to go to court with Chuck for custody.

I wake up the next morning at 7:30. I shower, curl my hair, and get dressed into a sophisticated floral dress. I hail a taxi and get on my way.

Part 5: Chuck Bass

I don't want any custody of Liz. Two children is enough, so that's what I say.

"Chuck, how much would you like to see Elizabeth?" the judge asks.

"I honestly don't want to see her. My wife is pregnant with our second, and I can barely handle the one we have," I say. Jenny is annoyed.

"That's what we'll put down in that case. Jennifer will take care of her all the time," the judge replies.

It's over. Jenny leaves. She calls Nate to come get her.