FEBRUARY PART 2

Liz Archibald's POV:

Mom is getting her first hours of sleep in days. Nate and I are in the living room. The babies are in a playpen.

"Are you okay? You still haven't said anything about James," Nate asks. I break down crying. "Okay maybe not a sensitive subject. I'm going to tell you a story."

"What about?"

"How Jenny and I knew each other and what happened," he says.

"Fine."

"We were at this party that Blair was hosting. Chuck saw Jenny and took her to the top and that was the first I ever saw of her. Then there was a masquerade ball. Jenny snuck in and she and Serena ended up switching outfits, so I thought she was Serena. I kissed her. Then, it was Blair's seventeenth birthday. I didn't want to go because my family wanted me to give her the family ring and Jenny didn't want to go because she and Blair were fighting, so we talked for a long time. We didn't really do anything until Dan and I were visiting Yale. We became friends and Dan found out my situation, which was really bad. They took me in. I remember Jenny was working with Eleanor. That's when I had a crush on her. She was friends with a model, Agnes. Jenny, Agnes, and this weird guy Max went to his place. I knew it couldn't end well so I went to his apartment to find Jenny and Agnes dancing in their underwear. She was mad because I shouldn't have cared but I told her how much I did, and she kissed me. She was walking away until I kissed her. It just kind of escalated from there. She had this fashion show and we kissed like two times there. On my nineteenth birthday, we were playing assassin. I was dating Serena at the time, and Jenny won by kissing me. I was upset. Then one night, we were playing Wii tennis and watching a movie and Jenny fell asleep. I took her to my bed and slept on the couch. Then you were conceived and she left and we didn't talk for almost 13 years."

"And your point is?" I ask.

"My point is that even though you broke up, it doesn't mean it's over. Maybe you should try and find an escape from reality for now."

"Music is my escape. Why do you think I've been going to school early? I've been practicing for Allstate Chorus on Monday and Wednesday and learning piano on Tuesday and Thursday. Then on Friday I have rehearsals for the school play. I listen to it every night. If you were wondering, my favorites are Sia, Avril Lavigne, Bea Miller, Florence+The Machine, A Great Big World, and, most importantly, Birdy," I say.

"What voice part?" Nate says.

"Soprano 1, and there's only one other at all of Junior and regular Constance" I reply.

"Let's go do some lacrosse," Nate says.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you. I kind of need to go to the doctor because I may or may not have broken my toe and strained my ankle," I remark guiltily. Then a baby starts crying.

Nate goes and gets her and starts rocking little Annie. She stops crying.

"You're a natural," I say.

"I've never actually taken care of a baby until the triplets," Nate says. I'm impressed.

"I'm making sure that the minute they can walk, they start getting used to lacrosse sticks." I'm serious. They will play lacrosse.

"I agree," Nate replies.

Nate Archibald's POV:

I take Liz to the doctor with the triplets. Getting them all in the car is a struggle. After a loud car ride, we finally get there. They do some X-Rays. Her toe is dislocated.

"We're going to have to pop it back into place." Liz gets really nervous all of a sudden.

"I'll be there," I say.

He touches her toe. Liz squeezes my hand. Then her toe is back in place.

"Wasn't so bad, was it?" I ask. She seems relieved.

"No, but if nobody was there it would've been awful. Thanks."

The triplets start crying, so Liz takes them to the car while I pay the bill.

I get to the car. The babies are in the back seat and Liz is in the front.

Jenny Archibald's POV:

Nate pats my back.

"Jenny, there is an unhappy baby girl."

"Fine. But you're going next time," I say.

I walk to the nursery. Mary is crying. I change her diaper and feed her. Then I rock her back to sleep. Nate walks in because it's been 45 minutes.

"Everything okay in here?"

"SHHHHH!" I whisper.

Then Annie wakes up, which wakes up Mary and Sophie and Liz.

"What is wrong in here?" Liz asks angrily.

"Nate woke up Annie, who woke up her sisters." I reply.

She storms back to her room. He rocks Annie and Mary to sleep and I rock Sophie to sleep. Then we go to our bed. I finally go back to sleep with Nate's arms wrapped around me.

James Williams POV:

I miss Liz and I want her back. She's about to come to her locker, where I'm waiting.

She is stunning today. She straightened her curly, blonde hair and is wearing the slightest bit of eye liner.

"What are you doing here?" she asks in an annoyed tone.

"I miss you a lot. I want you b-"

"You're too late. Do you know how much pain I went through? I spent a night alone in the apartment when my mom was in labor and I almost killed myself. I want nothing to do with you." She walks away with makeup running down face.

I didn't know it was that bad. I didn't know she was an older sibling now. I didn't know that I meant so much to her.