Chapter 7

Part 1: Nate Archibald

Jenny left last night. At around 9:30 this morning, I walked into my kitchen to find Liz making eggs, toast, and coffee. I got my coffee and sat down.

"Good morning! I'm very impressed with your breakfast making skills. When I was almost 13, I could barely microwave popcorn," I say.

"Good morning to you too. I would've made waffles, but you're out of baking soda," Liz says with her slight British accent.

She tells me about her love for lacrosse and babysitting. "I played lacrosse in high school and college. Maybe we could go to Central Park and play some?" I say.

"That's a great idea, but playing would be nearly impossible. The rules are really different, and I'm pretty sure you are a foot and a half taller than me. Maybe catch and wall ball, though," she says.

After breakfast, we went to the park to play. I completely underestimated her skill. Then we went to lunch. We went to the Humphrey's afterwards.

Part 2: Dan Humphrey

Serena is back home. The kids love getting onto the oxygen pump and riding it around the house, dragging Serena with them.

Nate shows up with Liz. They had a meal for dinner and Liz distracted the kids. Nate, Serena, and I talk.

"Dan, don't kill me. Jenny is pregnant, with my child. She and Liz are moving in with me. Jenny is packing her room, and tomorrow Liz and I are flying back to help pack the rest," Nate says.

"I'm not mad! Congratulations! In high school it was different because Jenny wasn't mature enough for a true relationship," I reply.

"That's great! So Liz can babysit more? Good, because the kids love her and with my lung and everything, it's so difficult," Serena says.