Imagine 7

Breakup

10:45 PM.....that's what time it is right now. I have been checking my phone since 8:00. I was patiently waiting for my boyfriend Archie to meet me at Pops, we were supposed to have a date night. You know, go out to eat, watch a movie and just spend quality time together but he was running late. I figured he was running late because of football practice, I didn't want to be that girlfriend that blows up her boyfriend phone all worried when there's nothing to worry about.

"Is there anything I could get you?" Pops asked, walking up to me for the fourth time tonight. He had a sorry look on his face, pity.

"Ummm no, still waiting." I politely smile. He walks away and I slump back in my seat, staring at my phone.

We had only been dating for a couple months, 6 to be exact! I never suspected that the football captain, popular man hunk like Archie would go for someone like me? I'm not ugly but there were so many girls that were prettier than me. I was into reading and writing in my free time, never had many friends and boys coming up to me to ask me out was only happening in my dreams. But Archie was different, he was a good guy....right?

"See you later pop." I said getting up and waking outside in the dark. I put my hoodie on, a single tear slipping from my eyes.

~~Two Hours Later~~
I laid in my bed, drifting off to sleep. I had text Archie when I got in but didn't get a single reply, so I gave up and went to bed. How could he do this to me? If he didn't want to be together he should have just said that.

As I started to fall asleep I heard something tap my window. I sat up and looked over at my window, a figure was there but I couldn't make it out since it was so dark. I flipped on my lamp and there he was....Archie.

I got up and opened the window to let him in.

"Wowww it's cold out there." He laughed as he shivered.

"It's about to get colder in here." I leaned against my dresser and crossed my arm over my chest. He looked at me confused, "Where the hell were you? I mean I'm glad you're alive and safe but Jesus you had me worried."

"Nice to see you too." He rolled his eyes and walked over to my bed and took a seat.

"Archie we had a date tonight, do you not remember?" I stared in Archie eyes and then it hit me...he was drunk. "Are you drunk?" His eyes were bloodshot red and his hair was all over the place, now that I think of it, he reeks of alcohol.

"What? No! Are you?" He said getting defensive "What's with the questions? And what date night......oh shit." He slumped down, places his face in his hand.

"Oh shit my ass." I whispered

"Look I'm sorry, football practice was running late. After that the guys wanted to go get some drinks." He explained "I guess I had too many and forgot. Reggie than invited some girls and....it just turned into a party. But I didn't do anything with anyone!" He reassured.

I looked deep in his eye,I always knew when he was holding something back. And he was, I could tell by the way he was fidgeting. "Archie tell me you didn't?" My voice breaking, eyes watery because I know it was more to the story.

"I didn't mean for it to happen....you have to believe me." Now he was tearing up. He walked over to me and cupped my face"It didn't mean anything!"

"Who was she?" I couldn't even look him in his eyes, my body was numb, my legs the only thing shaking from anger and hurt.

"That doesn't matter...."

"Who was she Archie! Tell me who she was!" I was now pissed, he owed it to me to tell me the truth.

"Veronica." He looked down.

After weeks of telling me that I had nothing to worry about, the same girl who he told me not to worry about was the same girl he cheated on me with. I always knew it, the looks they gave each other, the way they talked to each other, I always knew it deep in my gut.

"I know I fucked up, it was the worst thing ever! And I'm really truly deeply sorry."

I finally looked up at him, he needed to see that he hurt me and I wanted him to hurt too. "No, you didn't do the worst thing ever." For a second I thought he smiled, maybe he thought he was getting off easy? "I did. But trusting you." I pushed him off of me and walked away from him.

"Babe..."

"Get out Archie, we're done!" I waited into the ginger head bastard left my room. He cheated and done me wrong so there was no way that I was going to let that slide. I had to learn to start believing in myself more, no I wasn't the prettiest or the smartest, there's always someone prettier and smarter but I was good enough for myself and maybe one day I'll find someone who actually loves that about me.