Reggie Mantle

Just Friends

Reggie has a lot of friends, that we know. But his best friend of all happens to be his next door neighbor Kiara. The two have been inseparable since diaper days, everyone thinks they'll end up together and their parents hope that they will. But the two are just friends, both having secret feelings for the other but doesn't want to jeopardize their long friendship, the value of their friendship was worth more than risking a young cliche love.

Kiara sat on her room floor stressing over her math homework. The class was supposed to be tested on the work on Friday but Kiara knew that everything on the homework won't be on the test. Just then she heard her window being opened, she didn't bother to look since she knew who it was.....Reggie.

"You know that I do have a front door?" She says still staring down at the homework.

"What's the fun in that?" He laughs and close the window. He took a seat next to Kiara, grabbing her laptop in the process "I have to show you this video, it is the funniest thing I have ever seen."

Kiara pointed at all the papers scrambled on the floor "Ummm Hello?"

"Cookie the test isn't to Friday, it's only Tuesday." Cookie was a nickname he gave Kiara, he called her that because all the brown freckles on her face, wild curly brown hair, light brown eyes and also her favorite dessert was chocolate chip cookie. She resembles a chocolate chip cookie so much to him, he came up with the mane when they were 5 and every since then it stuck.

"Listen you maggot...."Kiara grabs Reggie by his shirt and pulled him close to her face "I need to pass this test because if I don't I won't get my car for my birthday!" She made a bet with her parents that if she get straight A's all semester then she'll get a car for her birthday.

"Okay geez I get it." He fixed his shirt and laughed "I feel bad for your next boyfriend."

"Don't have time for those." Kiara went back to work.

"Those?" Reggie's asked confused

"Yes those. You know, idiots....whores....heartbreakers....zdudumbasses." She listed names "All the names for these so called man in his the world."

"Who broke your heart?" The two laughed at the comment, they always made light of every situation.

"You know who." Kiara said looking at Reggie. It was Reggie best friend, Chuck.

"He was an idiot." Reggie spoke softly "He doesn't deserve you, none of those guys there in Riverdale deserve you." He tried to say quiet but Kiara still heard him.

"You can say that again." She smirked

"You deserve a guy whose going to fight for you, treat you like the queen you are. You are an amazing girl with a heart of gold, the most beautiful girl I have ever seen." Reggie's stared at Kiara as she scrolled on her phone.

"Even with the poop drops on my face?" She giggled, Reggie half smiled. He was pouring his heart out to his best friend but she couldn't even tell, he wanted to be more than friends but knew that it would never be more than just friends.