Reggie Mantle

{Quarantine}

It was a rainy windy Tuesday night, you sat down on the unfamiliar red sofa in the big home. You had never been in a home so big, it screamed "Rich" and "Lavish", it made you uncomfortable especially since you were sitting next to him....the boy who hated the Serpents....he hated the Southside or anything to do with the Serpents.

He tried to get all Serpents expelled at one point. He even had a big fight with your friends, more than once! So yes the hate was shared on both parts. You disliked his cliche bad boy outlook, how he bullied your friends and how he treated all Serpents. They were your family so you always stood by on their side, so it was bit of a shock when the teacher paired you two together. It was awkward the first time working on the big project, the first two times y'all met at the library but today you went to his house since he had to come home and watch his little brother and sister.

But today is the last and final day of the project, y'all were just finishing up and barely talk just small talk. But all of a sudden the show on the tv turned off and a loud alarm warning sound played on the news.

"What the hell?" Reggie mutters as he look at his television set. You look up from your work to see the tv, a older white man with a serious face was speaking.

"We urge everyone to stay inside and lock their doors!" The man on the tv spoke "There has been three murders in the last hour, police are on the look out for a man who was described to be wearing all black with a black face full mask on....describe as The Black Hood." Y'all both eyed the tv not saying much, trying to figure out what the hell was going on? The last everyone heard was the Black Hood was arrested and sent away, so how can this be?

You grab the remote and turn the volume up "He has escaped after being transferred on a bus with other passengers after the bus crashed. Everyone was found dead and all was left was a decapitated hand still cuffed to another inmate."

Just then Reggie mother enters the room "Did you guys hear?" All the TVs in the room must have went off, this was obviously serious.

Following up was Reggie little brother and sister looking unhappy "Hey what happened to the tv?" Rosie, the little girl asked wiping her eyes. As the family talked you got up and walked out the living room to make a call to Sweetpea, he's like your brother and you wanted to see was he okay. After a couple rings he finally answers, "Hey Gia you okay?" He asked as soon as he picks up.

"Yeah yeah I'm good....are you and everyone okay?" You wiped them hair from your face, scared and nervous. You leaned against the counter and tapped your long black acrylic nails on the surface top.

"Yeah everyone here chilling, what's wrong?" Just then you hear everyone in the background speaking and laughing, they all were saying hi and asking what's up. "Everyone says hi." He laughs.

You chuckle nervously and bit your nails, you did that when you were nervous "Yeah I'm good. Just heard the news....apparently the Black Hood escaped."

"We heard." Sweetpea said "Do you want us to come get you?"

You once again hear everyone in the background laughing. The roads were wet and slippery and you didn't want them to come out in this terrible weather "No I'm okay."

Reggie walks into the kitchen and goes to the fridge, he opens it and pulls out some yogurt. He leaned against the fridge and watched you talk on the phone.