Reggie Mantle

A Change Of Heart

You sat at your computer desk in your room trying to concentrate on tonight homework, of course it had to be the worst subject in the world....math. You were home alone, parents at work and your older brother was away at college. You couldn't wait to you have the chance to up and leaves this shitty town called Riverdale.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. You got up and made you way downstairs, again the person knocked. "I'm coming, jeez give me a second." You jogged down the last few stairs and opened the door"Mantle?" You raises an eyebrow in confusion. Why was he here? You and Reggie never got along and here he was at your house standing in the rain drenched.

He looked up at you, that's when you noticed he had a black eye. "Oh my goodness? What happened?" You grabbed his arm and pulled him inside.

"You know the usual night at my house." He said his face all serious "Me and my father had a disagreement so it resulted to this..." he pointed at his eye and looked at the ground ashamed. I felt sorry for him, although we never got along he didn't deserve this, no one does.

"Come on."  We made our way up to my room. He sat down at my table while I went to get some old clothes that my brother had left behind, I grabbed a pair of grey sweat pants and a plain long sleeves white shirt. I made my way back to the room"Here you go, change into this and I'll go get some ice for your eye." I tossed the clothes at him and shut the door. You made your way downstairs to the kitchen, grabbed a frozen bag of peas.

When you got back to your room Reggie was dressed and dried. "Here you go." He looked at me carefully before taking the frozen peas.

"Why are you helping me?" He places the peas on his face.

"Well for one you showed up at my house. And two, you looked like you needed help." You sat down on your bed "No one deserves that Reggie."

"Reggie? What happened to Mantle?" His face was scrunched up"I don't need your pity!" He tossed the peas on my desk and got up and stormed to the door.

"What's with the attitude? I'm trying to be there and help you but you're such a freaking asshole!" Now you were pissed. He had the audacity to show up at your house and give you mouth after you helped him? "Damn are you that dumb to realize when someone actually wants to help?" He just stood there, back turned to you.

"Look I'm sorry...." he slowly turned to you" I just wasn't expecting you out of all people to help me. You know we aren't the best of friends." He explains.

"Why did you come here?" You asked.

He bit his lip before speaking "I honestly don't know why." You suck your teeth and rolled your eyes "When everything happened you were the first person to pop in my head. I was thinking of you so I came here, I wasn't expecting anything but...." he trailed off.

"Now your here." He looked up at me, sadness in his eyes"Look Mantle, we don't have to be the best of friends or even friends at all. But just know that I'm always here no matter what."

He smiled"Do I still look good with the black eye?" I playfully rolled my eyes and tossed a pillow at him. "You are the biggest ass in the world!" We both laughed.

"Wanna sleep over?" I laid out a blanket, pillow and some sheets for him.

"I don't have any other place to crash." He took off the shirt and laid down on the bed I had made him.

You walked over to your desk to turn off the lamp,c climbing into bed you turned on your tv and played Family Guy before you drifted off to sleep.