Reggie Mantle

- Never Judge A Book By The Cover-

Being new in the neighborhood meant everyone wanted to meet us

Being new in the neighborhood meant everyone wanted to meet us. Where we came from? What did my father do as a living? Was mother hair naturally red? Or whatever else dumb shit nosey people wanted to know.  Originally we lived in LA, my father was in the FBI and was given a raise, a great thing of course but with the raise came a new case. Something fishy was going on in the small dark town of Riverdale and it was my father job to figure it out. So we packed up and moved to Riverdale, in a nice middle class neighborhood.....we had the usual white picket fence and big backyard.

My dad was happy that his boss trusted him with such an important case.

My mother was happy to decorate her home and show off all of her goodies.

And me? Well I had no say....because if I did I would rather be laying on the beach in LA rather then sitting in detention because some dumb jock wouldn't leave me alone. Isn't it funny how they say stand up to your bullies but when you do it's a problem? He was throwing pieces of erasers from his pencil at me so I kindly threw my pencil at his face.....and hit him in the eye.

Oops, sorry not sorry.

So here I was, sitting silently with this dumb ass. I was bored out of my mind and couldn't wait for it to end, luckily we only had 10 minutes left and then I was out of here! The only annoying part was that it raining outside, on the day where both of my parents were "busy" lord knows my father is locked in his study looking over his files and my mom was probably sipping wine with the neighborhood wives.

"Hello?" Mr White says into the phone, I looked up to see his expression was very serious and concerned "Is she okay?" He stands up and lift his pointing finger up indicating us to wait as he stepped out the room. I put my head back down and continue to draw, it was passing time by and something I enjoyed doing.

In the back of the room I hear a cocky sigh and stretch, I roll my eyes feeling Reggie eyes burn in my back as he smiled.

"You do know I can sue you right?" I ignore him but he goes on "You almost poked my eyebrow out.....I can get you suspended." I continue to ignore him hoping that he catch my drift. But of course he doesn't, the chair scratches against the floor as he stands up, he makes his way to me and sit right in front of me.

I look up at him annoyed, then back down at my book.

"The least you can do is kiss it." He laughs

"How about I jazz it up and black it.....add a little dazzle to the small cut on top of your eye." I smile

"Jeez have your parents every taught you that violence isn't the answer....your dad is a cop." He says the last part quiet as he turns around and face forward.

Violence? You have got to be kidding me! I've been in the school for two weeks and everyday he has made my life a living hell, he constantly makes jokes at me, throw shit in my hair, make sure to be on the opposite side of me during dodgeball and steals the last piece of cherry cheesecake at lunch! Not to mention he flirts with every girl that walks pass, thinks he's the shit and honestly the dumbest person I've ever met.....the only time he's quiet is when  he's home.