Reggie Mantle

More To The Story Than Meets The Eye

Reggie staring at you in the lunch room after developing a crush on you

"Don't waste your time." Chuck pats Reggie shoulder. You were sitting alone in the lunch room, headphones in the ear to block out anyone else while you worked on some homework.

"What do you mean by that?" Reggie looked at Chuck, his friend since high school. They both were on the football field and had bad reputation, you either loved or hated them....no in between.

Chuck and the rest of the football players laughed, "Dude she's a tease. she doesn't talk to anyone, I tried but she totally ignored me." Chuck spins around showing off his good looks "Come on, who doesn't want a chance with me? She's a real bitch." Reggie shook his head and laughed with his friends, he looked back at the quiet girl wanting to talk to her but knew it would be a waste of time. She's all about herself and school, she doesn't have any friends and never talk to people. But little did people know that she had a rough home to go to at the end of the day, her abusive father was in and out of the house, her sick mother couldn't take care of her and her younger brother so she has to work at Pops. She doesn't have time for any extra activity, she has to work, cook, clean up and make sure her brother is taken care of.

Reggie' steals one last glance at the beautiful girl, wishing and hoping that he could talk to her.