|Archie|

One Call Away

A week ago, just one measly week ago was when the boy of your dreams....your lover for last year had broke some terrible news to you. Archie Andrews "Red" as you call him since your guys where kid had text you to meet him at Pops for dinner, where he specifically said "I think we should break up."

Now present day you receive a call from him, after not speaking since the break up.... "Strange hearing from you, I think you meant to call Veronica." You couldn't but to spat out some rumors that Veronica Lodge and Archie were the new and hottest couple at Riverdale High.

"Daisy....please." His voice cracks, the sound of his voice makes you roll your eyes with frustration "I need you....." his voice cracks.

"You need me?" You sarcastically laugh "What do you want asshole!" How can he call you out of nowhere when he broke up with you, with no hesitation? After avoiding you ever since the break up? What gave him the right to call you asking for help?

"My dad....he's been shot."

•••

Running down the halls of the hospital you searched for Archie, in panic. You looked down the hallway, right and left into you see you're favorite red head, when he sees you he rushes towards you and y'all embrace into a tight hug filled with love.

"I came as fast as I could." You whisper into his ear.

"Thank you." He pulls you tighter into the hug.

Y'all stand in the same position for at least three minutes when you try to pull away he pulls you closer and tighter. "Please don't let go." You highest his voice and know he's crying, you hold him tighter.

Finally y'all pull apart and take a seat, he hangs his head down and balls his fist together. You slowly rubbed his back, wanting to give him his space but to also show that you are here for him, you always would be. An hour ago if someone told you that you'll be sitting here in a hospital next to your ex you would burst into laughter but funny how life works huh?

"Archie did you call anyone else?" He slowly looks up towards you and shake his head.

"I couldn't make the calls.....I called the first person that came into my mind."

"Me." You say to yourself feeling bad for what you said to him on the phone earlier. "Archie I just want you to know that I'm here for you, always had been and always will. No matter what happens between, I will always love you. You know that right?"

"Yeah, of course." His voice wasn't the same upbeat happy Archie it was more broken and lost.

"I'm only one call away, I don't care about the time nor what you're calling for." He gives you a half smile and the butterflies start to flutter inside your belly.

"Archie Andrews!" Y'all both stand up in attention as the Doctor calls out fr Archie. Y'all walked over to the doctor, you holding Archie hand and standing close to him.

"I'm Archie."

"You're father is out of surgery, you can go and see him in room 12." You smile wild happy "He's not up yet but maybe talk to him....coax him back to life. Talk to him, happy and positive things."

"Thank you sir." Archie nods and the Doctor walks away.

Archie sighs and relief and pulls you in hug, pecking your forehead. "You go check on your dad and I'll make some phone calls." He nods and jogs down hall to room 12. You turn around and open your phone to call Betty who answers almost immediately "Hey Betty!" You smile.

"Heya what's up?"

You explain to her what happened and told her to make some calls. You also explain her to remain calm and tell everyone the same. As you hang up the phone you feel arms rope around your waist "Shit." You say scared.

You get spun around and are now faced with Archie. He pulls you closer to him, nose to nose "I just wanted to come back and say thank you....for always being there for me. Even though I don't deserve you, I love you." He pulls in for a kiss then jogs off.

You stand there, smiling like an idiot.