Archie Andrews

Lending A Hand

You were the opening act At Veronica "Speakeasy" tonight, you were on stage in beautiful black skin tight gown singing your heart out. It was packed tonight, all eyes on you. You liked that attention, you had a great voice and everybody knew it! So when you got a chance to show off your true talent you went for it.

"......I'll go back to black...." you sang into the microphone. Something had caught your eye at the bar, it was your old time friend Archie Andrews. He had just came back to town after being on the run from his now ex girlfriend father. Crazy right? Thank goodness Veronica wasn't here to see him act like this, he was going back and forth with Reggie who had been secretly sleeping with Veronica, him and Archie were best friends.

Once  you seen the security guard get involved you immediately rush off stage to intervene. "I'll take this from here, he's a friend." You had a hand on his shoulder while looking up at the guard who was hesitating on letting Archie go. You looked at Reggie with concern "Seriously Reggie? I'll take care of him." Reggie nodded at the guard and the guard released Archie.

You grabbed Archie keys and slowly made our way to his truck. You felt bad for Archie, he was a good guy and always meant well but always had bad luck. Good intentions but never worked out, ever since he got with Veronica if I'm being honest. It kinda pissed you off knowing that his best friend and ex lover are now together after everything the two be through.

"Thank you." Archie says as you drove him home.

"No problem Archie, I got your back." You smiled and winked at him.

The rest of the drive was silent, Archie had fell asleep by the time you got to his house. "Oh poor Archie what am I going to do with you?" You whispered as watched the red haired boy sleep peacefully. For the first time in a long time he actually looked at peace.

~~The Next Day~~
The following day went as it usually does, School was a drag, Veronica complained about her daddy, Betty and Jughead kept on Nancy Drewing. You sat in the student lounge and read your book, you were listening to anyone else because you were so into the book you read so when a little red haired boy walked up to you, you were startled.

"Damn it you scared me!" You held your chest.

"Sorry, can I sit?" He chuckled, you nodded and he sat next to you. "I just wanna thank you for being there for me last night." He kept his voice down not wanting Veronica to hear.

"Archie it's fine. We all need a little help, but lately you need a lot." You jokes, making him smile "I'm always here for you Archie. No matter what, where or when." You places a hand on his shoulder.

"Thank you again."

For the the next couple of weeks it was just you and Archie. You guys hung out everyday and everywhere, Pops, the gym, school and at each other houses. Feelings were starting to grow, but you never wanted to pursue anything into you knew for a fact that Archie and Veronica were done!

Even if you longed for the red hair boy named Archie Andrews.