Chapter 2:Katya

Katya's POV
After three weeks of sleeping on a sofa and unpacking crap, I was done. I hadn't been out of the apartment in what felt like forever, when really I went out to walk Red every night, yes I walk my cat. Wanna fight? As I looked through my clothes, I saw that I needed to wash. I was out of clean leggings and t-shirts, I was really tired of jackets and jeans. I walked around my room and gathered pieces of clothing to wash, I filled two baskets. I remember the landlady telling me that there was a laundry room downstairs that was open to all tenants. Maybe I could make a friend or two. The only friends I had now where the pizza guy and the lady who made my coffee every morning when I went to Starbucks. I looked around my room for anything else. "Hmmm, I think that is it. I can always just wash again another day if need be." As I walked to the door, Red rubbed against my leg. "Awe buddy you wanna go? Well it is dark out and you haven't been out in a day or two." I leaned down and hooked his leash onto his collar. "Let's start our new adventure."

It was quiet and empty in the halls, which both Red and I loved. I was able to stack the baskets onto one another and make it down stairs without breaking something, one victory per day. I walked into the laundry room and immediately loved it. It reminded me of the retro laundry mats that my mom would drag me to before dad decided to get mom her own for her birthday. What a great gift. He got her a dishwasher for their 40th anniversary, get you a man like that. One who buys you household items. I set my baskets down and put Red in a near by chair as I put my clothes in the wash. I plugged my headphones in and hopped on the washer. I let the rocking of the washer and Lady Gaga's voice slowly guide me into a world away from the one I was in. I closed my eyes and leaned back. After a few minutes I felt a tap on my leg that made me jump. I opened my eyes to see a pink haired beauty standing in front of me with Red in her arms.

"Hi, is he yours? You are the only other person here so I thought I'd ask. And if not I am so sorry." She looked down at Red as he purred in her arms.

"Oh no he's mine. Was he bothering you?"

"No no well yes kinda. But I think he just wanted some attention." She sat him in my lap and slowly backed away, she looked sad.

"You can hold him some more if you want." The smile on her face made my heart skip a beat. She slowly picked him back up and cuddled him close to her. "Huh. He usually doesn't like new people. He would rip my boyfriend apart."

"Well maybe he prefers females. A lady's cat." She held Red up in her face. "Are you fella? Are you a lady's cat. Yes yes you are." I looked at her and smiled. Her brown eyes locked with mine. "Oh um I'm Beatrice but please call me Trixie."

"I am Yekaterina but please call me Katya. And that little guy you are holding is Red Maximum Million the first or just Red for short." She laughed and looked at Red.

"Well that is some name and so is yours Katya."

"That is what happens when you are from Russian. Long names that no one can even dream to pronounce."

"Heh I am from Milwaukee so I can't relate to that at all." She smiled softly and turned her attention back to Red.

"So Trixie why did you come here so late?" I looked at my phone and saw that it was 3:30 am.

"Well I don't do good with people. It is usually packed in here and I don't want to make a fool out of myself or anything. I know that probably sounds silly."

"Nah I understand. I am terrible with people 100%. How about we keep each other company while we wait?" She smiled and nodded. We talked for hours while she held Red. We laughed and talked about the crazy lady in room 301. The red head who never really came out but all the floors knew her. She was smiling until she got a text message.

"Oh no I gotta go Katya."

"Are you okay Trixie? Is everything alright?"

"Yeah yeah my boyfriend is looking for me. I left to get things done while he slept." She handed me Red and got her stuff. "It was nice meeting you both."

"You too Trixie. Hey can I get your number? You are the only person here that I've actually talked to and it feels nice." She looked unsure and slowly took my phone. She put her number in it and gave it back to me. I pulled her into a quick hug. "See you around Trix."

"Yeah heh you too Katya. Bye" She walked out and just like that she was gone from my sight but not my mind.