Chapter 8:Trixie

Trixie's POV
I tossed and turned in bed. I hated being assaulted in my sleep by my demons. I knew they hated me like the rest of the world but a girl just couldn't catch a break. When I opened my eyes, I regretted it. My eyes burned when the rays of sun came into contact with them. It was just a mess, I was a mess. I picked up my phone and read through my messages. Mike texted me to tell me he would be working 'overtime' again tonight, at least something was good. As I scrolled through notications, one from four hours ago caught my eye. 'Katya'. Honestly I thought she would have deleted my number after yesterday. I clicked the text and felt a touch of sadness as I read it. Katya was gone. Katya said she was going to miss me and that she already did miss me. She said I could call if I needed to, but why? Why was she so nice to me? I had other friends who were but they knew me for a while, before I was like this. I ran through my brain what to say, and before I could text anything I got a phone call. I looked at the phone and saw my best friend's name, 'Kim' pop up. "Hello," I said softly into the phone.

"Oh my gosh, hi Trixie!" I loved my friend Kim. She was like a sister to me and I hated that I moved so far from her. But Mike hated her and all of my other friends, he said that they were gay women who couldn't get a man if they wanted to.

"What's up Kim? You usually just text me when you want to talk. Is everything okay?"

"Yes, but I have exciting news! Naomi and I are moving there to New York next week!" My heart stopped and my world became flooded with emotions. I sat up in bed and held onto my pillow.

"Really? You are?"

"Yes! She got a job with a modeling company there and I am going to be a makeup artist for the company. They are paying very well. We are going to be back together after all these years Trix!" I couldn't find any words to say but I found tears to cry. "Trixie why are you crying love?"

"I miss you Kimmy. I miss you so much." I heard Kim giggle and sniffle.

"I miss you too Trixie but don't worry once I am there, we can catch up and it will be like old times." Little did Kim know, it wouldn't be. I was so different than when I said 'goodbye' to her and when she moves here, she will see that.

Kim and I talked for a few more hours until she had to go. Her life was so together and here I was, a house wife without the wife part and shit without the house part too. There was so much I wanted to do with my life, so much I wanted to become. I had plans and Mike just wasn't apart of them but he made himself apart of them. And I hated myself for letting him. I was 21 and still wasn't making choices for myself at all.

After another three hours of laying down, I made myself climb out of bed. It was 5:50 and I didn't have a thing to do. I was going to be home alone tonight. Usually that was a good thing for some reason, a part of me didn't want that. As I walked around the apartment, my mind wandered to Katya. Katya, the new girl who moved in and wanted to be my friend for some strange reason. I didn't understand why though. When she first met me, I was awkward and still was, with every interaction we had. Katya seemed so outgoing and sweet but I was not. Sure I was sweet, but that was hard to see when I was so scared to even say 'hi' to anyone. In my mind I was all kinds of messed up, but that didn't matter to Katya. Would it be so bad to let her be my friend?