Chapter 23:Katya

Katya's POV
Trixie and I decided to eat at a pizza place, which was fine by me. We sat in the booths, waiting for our pizza. Trixie was a bit more relaxed than she was before. I wanted to talk to her about her appointment so I could she how she felt about. I just didn't know how to bring it up in a conversation, best thing to do was to just go for it. "Hey, how are you feeling?" Trixie looked up from her soda and smiled at me.

"I feel okay, better about everything."

"Everything?"

"You know, life I guess?" I raised an eyebrow as I played with my straw. Trixie chuckled and shook her head. "I sound crazy, don't I?"

"No, I just want you to keep talking, explain how you are feeling and what you are thinking?"

"Oh."

"Did I say something wrong?"

"No, no. No one ever cared to listen and it just gets me every time that you do. I will never get used to, never get used to the way you treat me. I am so used to being used and just thrown to the side. Then you come in and just change everything up."

"Is that bad?"

"No, just new. We talked about you."

"Who?"

"My therapist and I."

"Why?"

"Uh, he said I needed a safe anchor."

"And that's me?"

"Um I guess, I hope you don't think that is weird or anything."

"No, anything that can help you is good."

"You help me." I smiled and took a sip of my soda.

"Well, I'm glad I can."

"I'll be okay Katya."

"Huh?"

"I said I'll be okay. I know you are probably worried about me."

"It's only because I care."

"I know it is, that's why I don't have a problem talking to you. If anything is ever wrong. I will tell you."

"Thanks Trixie." Trixie went back to playing with a napkin, looking down. "Hey Trixie?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think you could ever move on?"

"What do you mean?"

"I dunno, like dating wise?"

"I mean, I don't know. I thought about it but.."

"But?"

"Mike was the only boyfriend I ever had."

"So?"

"So, I don't think I'll be any good for any body else. No one wants some broken piece of trash."

"Trixie, you're not trash. Anyone would be lucky to have you babe, you're fucking awesome." Trixie brought her eyes to mine and smiled softly.

"Do you really mean that?"

"Of course I do Trix. You are such a sweet person, and if someone says otherwise I'll take my boot to their face. And that is a promise."

"Violent but sweet."

"That's what I am baby doll." Trixie shook her head as she looked at me. Ever since I met Trixie, her little smile was something I wanted in my life forever. I had already accepted the fact that I had feelings for her, but I couldn't do anything about it. She had only been out of that relationship for about three months now. No matter how much I knew I could make her happy, I was going to have to do it as her friend.

Trixie and I spent the rest of the day in the living room. We went through tho seasons of some murder mystery show while eating popcorn. It was around 1am and Trixie had her head laid on me. She had been sleep for about a hour and I just didn't have the heart to wake her up. It had been about a week since Trixie had a nightmare, I made sure to keep track. I told Trixie that she could sleep with me whenever she needed so it became a regular thing. We would start on our own sides of my bed then before long, she would be laying on me. I softly moved her hair out of her face and kissed her head. I whispered that say 'I love you' as I always did. I knew Trixie didn't hear me but I still wanted to say it. I could feel myself slowly falling asleep. I didn't feel like moving so I pulled the blanket on the far end of the sofa over Trixie and I. Red found his way on the arm on the sofa. I smiled as I closed my eyes and held Trixie tighter in my arms.