Chapter 14:Trixie

Trixie's POV
"I promise I'm not playing tricks on you. You're always welcome to come in, you can stay here for an hour or two if you ever need a friend. We can talk about the noise when you're ready, but until then I'll say it must have been the wind." Katya's words replayed in my head over and over again. Katya told me that she would lay with me if I wanted her to and I'd be lying if I said I didn't want that. We laid down and I tried to sleep. "Katya?"

"Yes Trix?"

"Can you, can you hold me?" Katya smiled and wrapped her arm around me, pulling me close to her. "Thank you."

"You're welcome, now try and get some sleep." I closed my eyes and listened to Katya's breathing. It was soft and so much different than Mike's breathing. Katya held my hand as she slept and for the first time in a while, I felt safe. I finally let myself sleep.

I slept for a few hours until I had to use the bathroom. I slipped from under Katya's arm and walked to her bathroom. After I was done, I looked at myself in the mirror. Katya did her best to treat the bruises on me and my black eye. I walked out of the bathroom into the living room and walked out onto the balcony. I took a deep breathe and leaned against the glass door. I didn't want to get Katya involved in all this but I didn't know who else to go to. Mike lost his shit. He was sent home from work early after being put on probation for being rude. His temper got the best of him and he punched one of his coworkers. When he came home, I was laying down, watching TV.

"Trixie, get your ass out here!" I walked out, rubbing my eyes.

"Yeah?" Mike grabbed my arm and pulled me to him, I could smell the liquor on his breathe.

"Didn't I tell you to clean up this damn apartment?"

"No." Mike slapped me to the ground.

"Don't tell me what I didn't tell you. You have been pushing it these past few days Beatrice." Mike stood over me, staring down at me.

"I'm sorry Mike." He grabbed me by my hair and dragged me to the room.

"Yeah, you will be." After Mike was done, he left me on the bedroom floor. I stood up and walked to the bathroom, I looked at myself in the mirror and cried. My face and mouth were bleeding and my eye was swollen. I cleaned my face up to the best of my ability and sat on the floor, crying. Through my crying, I could hear my phone go off in the next room. I walked into the bedroom and looked at it. It was a reminder to answer my unread messages from Katya. I pulled on my jacket, covered my bruises, and took the elevator down to Katya's apartment. I never expected that she would do all that she did, I never expected she would be there for me like she was.

"Trixie? You okay out here?" I jumped and saw Katya standing at the door. She had the blanket wrapped around her, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I got up to use the bathroom and then I dunno, I got distracted."

"It's okay. Come here." I walked to Katya with my head down. She wrapped the blanket around me and sat us down on a swing facing the east. We sat in silence, looking at the sun fully rise.

"I don't want to go back Katya." That was the only thing I could say before I started crying in her arms.

"Okay, then don't."

"I have no where to go."

"You can stay with me." I looked at Katya and the smile on her face.

"I can't."

"And why not?"

"Because, he will come looking for me."

"And he will find himself dead. Listen, I don't want you getting hurt again so let's go get all your stuff and you can move down here with me. You can have the extra room if you want. It doesn't have to be forever."

"Katya, are you sure?"

"I wouldn't have said it if I wasn't." Katya put her hand softly on my cheek.

"Okay." Katya stood up and went to her room. She pulled out suitcase after suitcase.

"Is he home?"

"No, he usually goes out even if he doesn't work. He will be gone until probably 11 tonight."

"Well it is 10am so we have more than enough time. Let's go ahead and get this done." Katya took two of the suitcases and I took the other ones. As we were on the elevator, the reality of what was happening hit me.

"Katya?"

"Yes Trix?"

"I don't know if I can do this." Katya grabbed my hands and looked me in my eyes.

"Listen, I know this is hard but I'm right here. I swear that to you. I won't leave your side okay?" I nodded my head and tried to slow down my breathing. The elevator door opened and I took a deep breathe as we stepped out. I opened the apartment door and showed Katya what I wanted. We took my clothes, shoes, accessories, and stuff from back home. As I walked from the bedroom, I saw the pictures of Mike and I on the walls. There was rage rushing through my veins out of nowhere. I walked back in the bedroom and grabbed Mike's bat from high school and walked back into the hall. I pulled the bat back and smashed the pictures on the wall. Katya came running out of the bathroom and watched as I smashed all of the pictures. I screamed as I hit each and every last one. I stopping swinging the bat when glass was covering the floor. Katya walked to me slowly, stepping over the broken pieces of glass and took the bat out of my hands. "Come here, it's okay love." Katya pulled me into her arms and backed me away from the glass, she kneeled with me and held me as I screamed and cried. "I am here Trixie, I'm here."