Chapter 12:Katya

Katya's POV
I had been staring at the clock since I got into work. It was finally 6pm, time to go home. I said bye to my coworkers and got in my car. The only thing that had been on my mind was Trixie and what the fuck was going on. I stopped to get a salad and then a box of chocolates. I planned on going to see Trixie. She still wasn't replying to my messages and well waiting just wasn't a damn option anymore. I needed to talk to her, I needed to know what was going on with my friend.

I pulled into my parking spot at around 7:30. I grabbed my stuff and walked into the building. When I walked into my apartment, I fed Red and changed into something comfortable. I paced around my living room, rehearsing what I was going to say to Trixie and how I was going to say it. Nothing seemed right to me, nothing at all. I sat on the sofa and groaned. Red jumped in my lap and laid down. "Ugh, Red she isn't even replying to any of my texts. I have no idea why I think she'd answer the door if she knew it was me. But she needs someone, and I want to help." I stood up and walked to the door. I took the elevator up to Trixie's apartment and knocked on the door. "Trixie? Trix, it's me Katya. I know you are home, I saw your car. Listen I don't know what is going on but I want to help you. Let me be your friend Trix, let me be here for you." There was no answer. I sighed and put the box of chocolates on the mat. I touched the door on last time. "Trixie, you know where I am. I won't be sleeping tonight most likely and I don't work tomorrow." I whispered a soft 'I love you' and walked to the elevator. While I was waiting for the elevator, I heard a door open.

"She isn't okay you know?" I turned around to see a red haired woman dressed in a green gown. "My name is Jinkx." I remember hearing stories about how she was a witch and how all that comes from her apartment are crazy noises.

"Hello, I'm Katya. And what do you mean she's not okay?"

"I cannot say for sure, but the sounds that come from that apartment are horrid." Jinkx walked closer to me and touched my shoulder. "I don't want to raise too many alarms but I think he abuses her dear. I've heard him yelling, her crying and saying sorry, glass breaking, things being thrown, then silence. I've called the police many times but the poor girl always says it is nothing and that nothing is happening." Jinkx looked in my eyes as if she was pleading with me. I grabbed the red head's hands and smiled.

"I will see how I can help." Jinkx smiled softly and went back to her apartment. I took the elevator down to my apartment and groaned as I laid on the floor. I couldn't stop thinking about what Jinkx said and how it added up. The hiding of her body, the shaky behavior, always checking her phone. Trixie could be in trouble, but if she didn't talk, what could I do? My phone buzzed on the coffee table and pulled me from my thoughts. I picked it up and read a text from an unknown number.

Unknown: Hi you don't know me but I am Trixie's best friend from home and I just moved here. I was wondering if we could maybe meet up and talk?

My mind was racing. Why would her friend text me and how did she even get my number? There was only one way to find out. I sent a reply to agree to meeting.

Me: Sure, we can meet tomorrow at 1pm at Starbucks.

I locked my phone and crawled on the sofa to sleep. I had no idea what was happening and I really needed to figure it out.

I woke up around 11am and got ready to meet up with Trixie's friend. I ordered my coffee and sat at a table by the window. While I was scrolling through my phone, an Asian woman walked to my table. "Hello, are you Katya?"

"Yes, you are?" She held out her hand and shook mine.

"My name is Kimberly but please call me Kim. May I sit?" I nodded my head and watched as she slowly sat down. "I am sorry that this is out of no where but I am worried about Trixie."

"So am I." Kim nodded and looked in my eyes.

"Her and I grew up together. She moved away when she was about 18, it broke my heart. Her life at home wasn't the best so I understood. But that guy that she is with is no good, he is a dog. Trixie is not who she used to be Katya and I thought me being here would help her but I tried to text her, my number had been blocked and so was my Instagram."

"Why are you telling me this? How did you even get my number?"

"She seems to like you. When you texted her, she smiled a little. She is just afraid of him. I saw the messages you sent her, you really care about her. She needs that. And when I looked at the messages, I made sure to remember your number so I could ask you what was happening with her. You don't have to help me but please help her."

Kim and I talked for three hours about her and Trixie. It was all so interesting. Trixie went from this bubbly, shy, smart beautiful girl to a shell of who she was. I couldn't bear to think about her too much though, it hurt. I covered the painting that I started the day I met Trixie. I couldn't handle it. I made sure to keep myself busy through the day, I cleaned the whole apartment, washed clothes, went shopping, and even gave Red a bath. I looked at the clock, and sighed. 10pm, time to get ready for bed. I got up from the floor and went to brush my teeth. As I was getting ready for bed, I heard a knock at the door. "I'm coming." I opened the door and saw her, the girl I didn't want to think about all day. "Trixie?"

"Katya?" Trixie took one step and fell in my arms, crying.