Chapter 13:Katya

Katya's POV
I sat in my living room as Trixie slept in my bed. I closed my eyes and was assaulted with the events of the past three hours. The screams, the cries, the pleads all just in her sleep. I finally gave in and just held her close for an hour until her cries stopped. When she first got here, she seemed so fragile but now I saw that she was clearly just fully broken already. When I opened my door three hours ago, I didn't expect to see her. I didn't expect for her to fall in my arms and cry her eyes out, just saying sorry over and over again. I kneeled with her in my arms and rubbed her head, telling her it was okay. I picked her up and put her in my bed, she was so weak from crying that moving was such a hard task.

I went to the kitchen, grabbed a bottle of water and walked to my room. Trixie was still sleeping, cuddling Red. I put the bottle of water on the bedside table and sat on the end of the bed. Even in her sleep, she didn't look at ease. I reached to move her hair out of her face and felt sweat. I carefully unzipped her jacket and wanted to commit murder when I saw her neck and upper body covered in bruises. I pulled my hand back slowly and stood up, walking to the door. "Katya?" The soft scared voice made me turn around.

"Yes Trixie?"

"I, I am sorry." Trixie looked down and saw that her jacket was unzipped. She zipped it back up and brought her knees to her chest, hiding her face. I walked to her and sat beside her.

"Hey, there is nothing to be sorry for. But can I see?" Trixie looked at me with those big brown eyes, slowly nodding her head. "It's okay, I won't hurt you." I pulled the zipper down on her jacket and slowly pulled it off of her. I moved my hand and softly touched her face, turning her head slightly to see more bruises. "Are you wearing makeup?" She was silent but I knew the answer. I got up from the bed and got a makeup wipe. I walked back over and softly wiped her face with the wipe, revealing a slightly purple hue to her left eye. My throat grew dry and my heart ached. I held her arms in my hands and looked over all the hand prints left on her. I looked closer and wiped her wrist with the makeup wipe, Trixie started to cry silently. "Shh, I am not here to judge you." There were cuts all over her wrist, old and new. I could only wonder when she started this unhealthy habit. "Come on, let's get these all cleaned up." She took my hand as we walked to the bathroom. She sat on the side of the bathtub as I got the medicine kit from the cabinet, I kneeled down in front of her. "May I?" Trixie held one of her arms out, silently. I cleaned the makeup from the cuts, gently with a wet cloth. I took ointment and covered the cuts, wrapping her arms up after. I counted as many as 20 cuts on one arm.

"Thank you."

"There's no need to thank me."

"Yes, there is. You are helping me even though I haven't talked to you at all. I have made no efforts to actually be your friend but here you are, helping me."

"Well that is what you do when you care about someone Trix. You help." Trixie went silent again and just watched me as I finished wrapping her other arm. "Okay, that should do it. I am kinda hungry, do you want to eat?" Trixie looked at me and nodded. "Come on then." I walked to the kitchen, followed by Trixie. "Pancakes?"

"Okay." Trixie sat at the table and watched me as I mixed the batter. Red jumped on the table and sat in front of Trixie, hitting her with his paw for attention. There was nothing but the sound of the pancakes cooking in the apartment. It was 1:39 in the morning and I was glad I didn't have to work tomorrow.

After making the pancakes. Trixie and I sat in the living room to eat. We had soft piano music playing the the background as we sat on the floor. "Trix?" Trixie looked at me.

"Yeah?"

"I promise I'm not playing tricks on you. You're always welcome to come in, you can stay here for an hour or two if you ever need a friend. We can talk about the noise when you're ready, but until then I'll say it must have been the wind." Trixie sat her plate down and hugged me, crying. I rubbed her head and held her, letting her cry on me again.