one

It's been two weeks since Jason made it to the hospital and survived luckily. Although I was more than happy to see him recovering, the past days were different. I felt like there was more to it. We did not only desperately want to find out who did that to him but he was hiding something. Him and Cheryl lied about the story.

After all these past days Betty persuaded me to go to the last movie that was played at the drive in theatre. Now I stood here with Veronica, Betty's new best friend, Kevin and of course Cheryl because Betty had something to do.

"That Serpent boy over there is staring at you", the boy grinned at me.

"He really is!"

"Calm down, guys, he's not. Jason and I never broke up", I reply not remembering that Cheryl is next to us.

"If you want to say something about my brother then just go on", she evilly smiled at me.

"Okay, you know what? Before I listen to what I think you will say, I'll rather go to that Serpent boy over there", I said rolling my eyes.

"Hey, you", I shouted at him walking to where they were standing, "You can't stop looking at me, huh?"

"I have to admit it's a good view to look at", he grinned at me.

"What do you want? If you think it's easy to make me come over by staring at me just to share a bed for a night then know that I'll step on your Serpent heart with my high heels", I told him annoyed.

"You're Elizabeth Specter, aren't you?", he suddenly chuckled, "I didn't even think you would come here to talk to me."

"What's that supposed to mean now?", I replied confused, "Do you want to say that I think I'm better than anyone because of my name?"

"No, I never meant to say that. Why don't we just go for a walk? The movie is boring and you don't seem to enjoy your company."

I looked back to Kevin and the girls. The Serpent was right, I didn't enjoy being here with them. Cheryl hated me again, Veronica was my best friend's new best friend and Kevin was already staring at another Serpent. The least I could do was to give that boy a chance. I've been unfriendly and he was still nice so I appreciated that.

"You're right. But you need to tell me your name or else I only call you the Serpent boy."

"Joaquin, I'm Joaquin."

"Good then let's go for a walk."

"Why did you really look at me? Is it the fact that I am who I am? The girl that found out that someone almost killed her boyfriend and that is hated by everyone? I can't hear the stories about me anymore", I told him sadly after we sat down on a bench about two miles away from the drive in.

"There's honestly no reason behind it all. I mean there is but it has nothing to do with your name or your reputation."

"Then what it is? Do you feel pity for me?"

"Actually I do, yes. But you looked cute on that truck how you tried to look amused."

"I was really having fun", I obviously lied.

"What's the problem with the three of them? Besides them being Northsiders of course", he smiled likeable.

"Kevin is my only friend out of the two. The raven haired girl is new here, Veronica Lodge, you might know that name. I don't have a lot of friends here and she's now spending most of her time with my cousin. Pathetic, right? I'm jealous of a friendship only because I ruin everything."