twenty-three

"We've tried everything, even talked to our major. It's like everyone was against us", Jug explained to Tallboy.

"What do FP and Harvey say to that? What do they think about the deal?"

"FP thinks about accepting the deal. My dad doesn't like it, of course, but he says that he doesn't have another option."

"He won't accept the deal if I can prevent him from doing that. Tallboy, what if we could spring him out of there before he's going to a jail? We could do that. The police station isn't protected well and when he's out of there, we're just going along the Sweetwater River to the Canadian border."

"You've watched escape from Alcatraz too many times. Your dad needs the snake charmer, someone who knows them."

"Penny?", I asked.

"So Harvey told you about her", Tallboy smirked.

"Humpty, Dumpty and the outsider, I'd like to present your our new recruit", Cheryl spoke to us - wait was I the outsider? - Josie standing next to her.

"Besides my duties for the Pussycats. I just wanted to tell you that I'm excited for working on my moves and becoming a team player - as long as I'm in front of everyone."

"Wait, Cheryl. Does that mean you're taking the Vixens away from me?", I wondered about her sudden behavior.

"Honestly, Liz, did they ever belong to you?"

"Cheryl, we've asked ourselves if the Vixens could help us with an event to save Pops."

"Oh, Betty, I haven't survived Sweetwater River's cold waters or the Thornhill fire to allow my girls serving milkshakes in a moribund diner", she snapped with a red smile forming her lips, "The answer is a double and triple no."

Liz

have you ever met the snake charmer?

Sweet Pea

of course I have

everyone's needed her help once, why?

Jug and I thought about asking her for help

maybe she has an idea what we can do about FP

She knows an answer to everything

She'll help you, don't worry about that

but what about your dad?

I have no idea what's going on with him

but according to him, we can't help FP easily

sounds weird

but snake charmer is a good option

will I see you tonight?

of course and thanks ❤️

Jug and I entered a small tattoo shop on the Southside. Everything looked normal just like in any other tattoo shop.

"Hey, we want to meet Penny Peabody."

The Serpent only nodded in which direction we should go.

"Excuse my small office but low fixed costs are important to me", I could see her smile until I followed Jug, entered her room, "Not everyone has an office in New York's best district. And I like to be close to my clients."