fifteen

"You stayed with Archie last night, right?", I asked Ronnie after she had given a coffee and a cupcake to Betty and when we were alone.

"How do you-"

"I know that expression on your face. Let's say, I'm not a saint myself."

"Will you tell her what I did?"

"No, Ronnie. We're friends and I love Betty but everyone makes mistakes. My mouth is shut", I promised her.

"Liz, wait", Archie ran up to me in the school's hallway, "Betty lets me sing at homecoming if I sing cover songs. Will you sing with me? I can't sing other songs than my own ones."

"Why don't you ask Veronica? Aren't you two a thing now?", I grinned at him.

"No, she.. she said it wasn't something serious and we were doing music together before so.."

"You don't need to ask twice. I still feel bad for what happened at the talent show."

Before we would go to the prom - where I didn't even want to go to but Betty insisted on me not leaving her alone - Alice had made dinner of Betty, my parents, Jug, FP, her and I.

"It's really delicious, Mrs. C", Jughead told her happily.

When he told me about the invitation he was so thankful that she would finally give him a chance. Betty and him could be a normal couple.

"So, FP, Harvey told me that you work for Fred Andrews now", Alice started, "How can you do that with all of your duties?"

"You mean being a father?"

"And a part of the Southside community."

"Alice", my mom sighed.

"Just say Southside Serpents. I'm not ashamed of that. Here are sitting three out of seven people who are Serpents so you should be used to it", FP pointed to my mom and my dad, "And some other Serpents are working for Fred, too."

"You hopefully don't feel insulted if I ask you this, I'm just curious. How did you earn money before?"

"Occasional jobs."

"I know you've worked at the drive-in, Jughead, until it was closed. Have you worked there, too, FP?"

"Dad?"

"I've been there a lot, I'm a fan of movies", they chuckled.

"And have you been angry when Hiram Lodge has bought the land of the drive-in?"

"Alice, it's enough", my dad intervened.

"No, let me ask differently. Have you been surprised?"

The bell rang, Betty immediately stood up just to let Hal in.

"You told me that she wanted to see me here", he spoke to Betty when Alice sighed annoyed, my dad suddenly smiled that Alice would get her payback.

"She does. I mean, it's homecoming and our families should get together. FP and Harvey like brothers so we should have had this dinner earlier. Right, mom?"

Hal complained about the situation between Alice and him, "She recently just threw a brick through the window."

"Really?"

"Go on and I will throw the next brick not only against the window."

"Do you remember our homecoming?", FP remembered, "Castles in the clouds? Have your parents ever told you, girls?"

"Only that they were king and queen", Betty smiled perfectly.

"Yes, they were. Out of hell-"

"Dad, please!"