fifty-six

„Betty, is that-"

She nodded. It was Blackhood. He called her. He called her in exact that moment where we found out about Chic being a fraud. She told me to stay quiet so he wouldn't know that someone was around her.

„You've killed Mitch", I heard her say, „And you've fooled Mr. Svenson."

I grabbed a piece of paper and a pen to write down what she said if we needed those informations again.

„You're talking about Chic."

I wrote his name on the paper but then the call ended.

„Was that your mom?", Jug asked.

„Jug, you should keep an eye on him."

„It's alright, Sweet Pea said he could handle it for a moment", he told me.

„No.. no, my dad", Betty lied and I nodded so he didn't know it.

„We have to go back to that place, Jug.. Where I've found Chic. I don't think that he's said the truth about my brother."

„I'm going downstairs to Pea. We're going to wait for you."

When they came back, they've told us everything about it before they wanted to interrogate Chic himself. We wanted to be prepared.

„We know that you've killed my brother."

„Come on, are you serious?"

„Your neighbor has heard you fight. She's seen blood, a lot of blood. Admit what you've done, Chic!"

„I admit that your brother has been a junkie."

Jughead beat him and Sweet Pea let his fist collide with the boy's face, too. Just to make sure we were getting our revenge. He should be hurt physically just as much as Alice and Betty are hurt mentally.

„Hit me as often as you want. You're afraid of killing me, don't you?"

„Don't dare us, you might be surprised what we're capable of", I hissed beating him, too.

„But you can't let me go because you're afraid I would report you because of that guy", he still talked more.

Betty laid his hand around his throat forcefully, „Tell us the truth about my brother."

„I've done that already. But maybe I haven't. You'll never know."

In the end, the boys had beat him up but FP had stepped in. And Betty told me that she had a plan on how to get rid of the boy. I didn't ask, just let her do what she thought. But I knew what she had on her mind and I let her do it.

„Where have you been, Betty?", Alice asked her when she got home, I had told her that I didn't know it and tried to comfort her.

„I've made Chic leave. He's away and I think forever."

„Where is he, Betty? Where did you make him go?"

„To the bus and train station, where else? And then-"

„What then?", Alice still whispered, she was a nervous wreck.

„Mom, where's dad?", Betty suddenly asked and looked at me, she thought blackhood was him..

„He went out to look for you. Why do you ask?"

Betty and I had talked to Cheryl and decided that they will find out if Hal is Blackhood and I'll take care of Serpent stuff. Malachai had messaged me a few days ago saying that he'll be out soon and they want revenge. He loved playing with my mind. I have no idea how he got to use a phone in there but he knew people. And right now, I was figuring out how to avoid a fight. But one other thing distracted me.

„Who of you bastards has fucked Midge Klump?", Reggie stormed into our swords and serpents meeting.

„What the hell? That's a private meeting", Jug replied angrily.

„I guess that's been you, Sweet Pea", Reggie pointed to my boyfriend.

„Reggie, that's enough."

„You know how ridiculous you sound, right?", I laughed shaking my head while Sweet Pea walked over to him.

„You idiot. I didn't even know that Midge. But I understand that she doesn't want to get fleas from you Bulldogs."

And of course, they started to fight again. Luckily, Archie and Sweet Pea could tear them apart fast.

„That's fucked up, Ellie, so fucked up", Fangs sounded worried when him and I met at his trailer.

„Tell me, what happened?"

My voice was calm. I had never seen him so helpless and I really didn't want to scare him with bad news. So I wanted to know what happened first.

„Jughead has filmed us all behind the scenes of the musical and came into the dressing room when I spoke to Midge. And I didn't only talk to her."

„That's been you, Fangs?", my eyes were wide, I didn't expected him to be the Serpent that Midge met, „And you didn't tell sheriff Keller? Fuck, Fangs. Do you know what that makes you look like? You're guilty in their eyes."

„I know, I know", his voice fragile and his hands were shaking.

„I know you didn't do it", I tried to calm him down and laid my hand on his, „You wouldn't do that. We have to find a way to make sure everyone knows that."

„Can you ask Jughead to delete the videos on his camera?", he pleaded helplessly.

„He has already given them to sheriff Keller as evidence."

„What should I do now?"

„Nothing", I replied fast, we had to think about it first, „I know it's hard but try to stay calm. The Serpents got your back. We'll figure it out somehow."

But Jug had no luck. I let him ask Sheriff Minetta to get the videos back back because he was the one to give them to him but they were already used as evidence. So there was no going back. We needed another plan.

„Jug, Els, have you seen it?", Toni stormed to us with her phone in her hands, „Fangs has been with Midge and hasn't told the sheriff."

„Where did you get the video from?", I asked her alarmed.

„It's been published on the registers' website. It makes him look as guilty as the sin."

„Excuse me, students", Principal Weatherbee spoke through the speaker, „Here's talking Mr. Weatherbee. Fangs Fogarty, please come to my office immediately."

„Where is he?"

„I've got no idea."

„We need to find him before the dark circle does", Jug spoke out what we all thought.

Luckily, we pumped into him immediately.

„What's going on? The video is everywhere. How can that be?", he asked in panic.

„You can't stay here. We have to get you away first."

„You're dead, Vixen killer", Reggie already shouted through the hallway with some Bulldogs running behind him.

All of us ran but sheriff Minetta stood in our way.

„Mr. Fogarty, you have to follow us."

„He hasn't done anything", I spoke up for him.

„Yes, nothing."

Fangs tried to avoid him by walking into the other direction but there were Reggie and some boys. He also couldn't run away on the other side because of the sheriff. And during their fight, his knife fell out and Fangs was taken away to the police station.