fourty-one

„So and now you two are going to tell us what you two just did there!", Alice shouted when her and my parents stormed through the door.

„Shh, we're watching a movie", I rolled my eyes.

After Betty and I realized that both of our relationships went downhill, we went home to watch a movie cuddling under thee blankets. Of course, we didn't chose a comedy but a romantic movie.

„Elizabeth, show some respect!"

„And you show some compassion! We're not ready to get a good telling-off."

„What happened?", my mom looked at the chocolate ice cream in our bowls, the hot chocolates and our hair.

„You guys got what you wanted. Sweet Pea and Jughead are no longer a problem for you", Betty sighed.

„What did these idiots do?"

„Nothing, dad, okay? It just didn't fit anymore. We're too different."

„Oh, girls", my mom smiled pitying, hugged us, „It'll be alright again."

„What's going on here?", Jug asked the Serpents when we entered the White Wyrm.

„Serpent tradition. Every year the Serpents give back to the Southside. Games and food for kids and people who live alone", Toni explained.

„Just like the Hell's Angels", Fangs added.

„We're always open for charitable giving", I stood in between Toni and Fangs following what they did.

„Have you seen my dad?"

„Why are you two not at school?", FP walked in the room with Tallboy behind him.

„Our last lesson ended earlier", I explained him from the side.

„Good, then you can hold position here."

„Or I'll come with you guys."

„Nice try, you two. The answer is no."

„But we need some more hands, boss."

„There you go, FP. Let us help you", I looked at him sweetly but he just sighed so the other man walked aside.

„What? I don't know what the snake charmer makes you do but-"

„Sweet Pea, you're coming with us."

My eyes moved into his direction, I hadn't seen him before. My first instinct was to just hug him, kiss his lips but then I remembered what I did. I've ended things so of course he wouldn't look at me anymore.

„Seriously, what happened?", Fangs laid his arm around me.

„I may or may not have broken up with him", I bit my lip.

„You.. what?!", he freaked out, „But you two were happy!"

„I don't know what happened, Fangs, okay? I.. he said he loved me.. I wasn't ready for it."

„And that's why you broke up?", Toni seemed to be mad, too.

„I know you don't understand that and I don't expect you to but if you can't accept the answer then don't ask for it."

„Why would you push him away?"

„We don't have to have an explanation for everything."

„No, you just don't want to admit that you don't have a good one."

„Penny Peabody forces my dad to deal with drugs for her", Jug began his speech when we met some Serpents at the quarry, „I know it because she made Liz and I do it before him. Now she's taking Tallboy and Sweet Pea."