thirty-three

"Archie?"

"We need to talk, Jug."

"Uh that's not a good timing, you need to go. Go now."

"Why, what's going on?"

"He's serious, Archie. Just go."

"Look who we got here. One of those stupid Northsiders who think they could do whatever they want to", Sweet Pea and the other Serpents came to Jug's trailer as we had planned it.

"Are those criminals friends of yours now? Are you two going to become Serpents?"

"If he survives. And go ahead and call us criminals one more time, just one more time."

"Juggy, those are the guys who attacked me and Reggie, Veronica, Dilton, your friends!"

"Seriously, Archie? His friends? None of those idiots were ever a friend to Jughead. Where were they when his dad got arrested, huh? Right, it's been the Serpents and me who were there for Jug. And after last night, all of us know who you really are", I shouted at him emotionally.

"Wait, is that why you are here? To warn me?"

"No, I'm here to tell you to stay away from Betty. She doesn't want to see you anymore."

"That's bullshit. I've just seen her yesterday! It's.. She's been fine."

"No, man. She wanted to break up with you for weeks. Believe me, it's not been easy for her."

"That's such a damn lie, Archie. She may not know me but I know her and she wouldn't do that to Jug."

"You two are now standing on the dark side and she was afraid to tell you herself."

"So she's sent you? Betty would never do that!"

"If you don't believe me, call her. You can then tell her hat you're a Serpent now, she'll be amused. She knew to where this would lead just like everyone of us. You know that you'll have to decide for one side. Don't act like that, man, you know exactly what I mean."

"Tell Betty I've got the message."

"Yeah", with that Archie finally left but he left Jug standing here heartbroken.

"Jug, you-"

"No, it's alright, I'm fine. Enjoyed the show?"

"The show hasn't even started yet", Sweet Pea replied smirking.

Toni and I've set the fire, the boys got ready for the fight. Although it's not really a fight, they would beat up Jughead and he wouldn't be allowed to fire back so it's not a fair fight. Stupid initiation in my eyes but if that proved the gang that he was there for them then so it be. I guess it's been good to see that Pea reached out his hand for my friend so they were no longer enemies and when I gave Jug his jacket, it was good to see him still standing there proudly.

Waking up at home was the first thing that annoyed me this morning. Betty and I shared a room so it was filled with cold silence. She was already asleep when I came home during the night so only waking up next to her made me feel uncomfortable. Usually, we woke up and the first thing we would do in the morning was talking. We always talked about everything. This time, we didn't. I didn't even look at her. She didn't only hurt me but she also attacked my parents and more important, she lied. She knew everything about our families just like I did and she knew that those words weren't the truth but they hurt and that was exactly what she wanted.

"Riverdale's best and finest huh", Alice started the meeting.

Somehow someone found out that the others consumed Jingle Jangle last night so parents and children convened in our house.

"Thank you for the hospitality, Alice", Mayor Mccoy began.

"Of course, when I heard what had happened at Nick's party I thought that we should meet. It's important for us to talk about all those liars, drug addicts and idiots besides Betty and Liz who were smart enough to leave the party before it became crazy."

"Mom, stop that.."

"Just to make something clear, Alice.. You planned this meeting to brag or what was your plan?", Fred stated.

"I've consumed the Jingle Jangle but she was insane", I heard Veronica whisper to Archie who defended my cousin.

Well, that hurt. I don't expect Archie to stand up for me, I'm old enough to do so but he was our friend so he could at least be here for the both of us.

"People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, queen Alice. I'm not the only here who knows the story about the police photo that your daughter printed luckily", Hiram Lodge spoke up and honestly, it was weird being in the same room as him after that conversation I had with my mom.

"I'd like to know who brought the Jingle Jangle to the party."

Everyone was silent so I was surprised to see Reggie raising his hand slowly, "Reginald, no word without our attorney."

"No, Melinda, it's harmless. He only needs to tell us where he's got it from."

"From a gang member who deals on the Southside."

"Of course one of you hypocrites would say that", my dad looked angry, "Reggie, would you tell us who it was? Because the last time I was on the Southside there were't only Serpents or Ghoulies but also families and other people who - you might not believe it - like to live there."

"Mayor McCoy, you see that the Southside is the source of our problems. Harvey seems quite emotional, there might be some truth in it."

"If you want to finish what we've started twenty-five years ago, it'd be my pleasure to finally shut you up."

"Harvey!", Alice looked at him angrily, "We're here to talk about our kids."

"Then talk about our kids, not about the Southside."

"Where did you get it from? Was it a Serpent?", Sheriff Keller asked Reggie.

"I believe he was, yes."

"Why would that be important? Not all Serpents are drug dealers", Archie surprisingly helped us.

"Archie, you're not helpful."

"Okay, we shouldn't have consumed the JJ but Nick asked Reggie to get it for us and then he told us to take it. He should be the one to justify himself. I mean he gave Cheryl knockout drops to rape her!", Veronica mentioned.

"He did what?", I whispered feeling bad for Cheryl.

"Proving that may be hard because it seems like all of the witnesses were high."

"But Josie and I have seen Cheryl and Nick the night after that and to that time, none of us had consumed drugs."

"Drugs like that stay in your body for three days. If I tested you right now, you would have  a problem with your liability."

Of course Mayor McCoy couldn't be neutral when it came to Josie. As soon as she heard that Josie was one of those people who couldn't say no to the drug, she insulted the Serpents immediately.

"If she really wants to go through Southside high with police officers we need to go there, Liz!", Archie came to me.

"Wait, weren't you against Jughead, our friends and I suddenly? I thought we're not good enough?"

"Listen, there is an explanation for that but I can't tell you right now, we need to hurry if you want to help Sweet Pea and your friends."

"Alright, let's go."