three

"Did I just see how Jughead Jones laid his arm around you?", Veronica asked Betty excited when I stood next to them.

"I haven't been emotionally stable in the past days and he's been here for me", I just heard my cousin say shyly, I was thinking about something completely different.

If Betty and Jug became a couple, would he start to ignore me as well? Just like Archie, Betty and Kev were doing it with Veronica?

"That's incredible! Only because he has helped my friend going throw a hard time, I, Veronica Lodge, accept that. Hey, Liz, aren't you happy for her?"

"I am", I rolled my now puffy looking eyes, "I can still be happy for someone without jumping and laughing around."

"What happened?", Betty asked now realizing me and the bad mood that I was in.

"Nothing except for the fact that Polly's child is the aftermath of her and Jason cheating on and lying to me. And in exact that time that I find out about this my best friend is busy finding another best friend and sharing some moments with my male best friend who was the only one that I could count on. I'm perfectly fine, thanks for asking!", I suddenly lost control of myself, blurted out how I really felt like about Betty's new friends and that whole who-tried-to-kill-Jason case.

"Ellie, I didn't know-", she started by using that damn old nickname to make me feel better but I ignored it all.

"Let's just forget about it, be happy with Jug. Now let's go and find Polly", I muttered.

"Have you read that already?", Kevin rushed to us in the hallway, "Cheryl just postet "Polly Cooper has killed my brother. No escape. Sharpen your pitchfork."

"We need to find Polly before the Blossoms do."

The only reason why I really helped searching for Polly was that I couldn't be alone. I knew that as soon as I was alone, I would freak out. I would start to cry, I would panic. My anxiety would win again and I'd have a panic attack. I didn't want to feel lonely so I tried to be the person they expected me to be. The caring cousin worried sick that her cousin was hurt. I was worried yesterday when my mom told me that Polly ran away but was I now that Jason confirmed my assumption? Not really. Am I a bad person for not wanting to help Polly after what she did?

"I heard Jason came back to school today. Did you talk to him?", my mom asked while we were walking through the forest looking for Polly or at least a sign.

"I did and he confessed that it's the truth what Polly said but only after I had asked him if she was lying or not", I played cool but of course, my mom knew me better than that.

"You don't need to act like you can handle this, honey, we're all here for you. The time will come when you need to let off steam."

"I know, mom but I'm afraid of that. Betty's been busy with Veronica and Jughead and vice versa. Archie is mad at me because I couldn't make it to his show. I lost Cheryl if I could have ever considered her my friend and I lost Jason to his lies and Polly. I don't have anyone right now", I mutter quietly so no one could hear us.

"You've got me and your dad, mija. I know we're busy with our jobs but we're here whenever you need us. He's just trying to calm Alice since Hal was never a helpful man in that way", my mom made chuckle, "And don't worry about Archie, Betty and Jughead. I'm pretty sure you won't ever lose any of them. You four stick together."

"Thanks, mom-"

"Before you thank me", she underlined the next point, "Where is your dad's Macallan? Last time I saw that bottle it didn't have legs to run away."

"Really funny, mom. It's at a friend's house", I admitted.

"Which friend?"

"His name is Joaquin but can I tell you the rest some other day?"

"It's alright. Besides, I told your dad that I gave it to one of our clients. Now you can thank me."

"Thanks, mom. You're the best."

"I guess I knew that already but it's good to hear it for once", and with that she made me even laugh for a moment.

Just when we saw the Blossoms coming from the other side of the woods, my smile faded.

"Alice Cooper, where is she?", Penelope Blossom walked to us.

"If I knew that, would I be out here with all of the mosquitos?", Alice replied disgusted.

"Just realize it, mommy dearest. Polly and Liz tried to kill Jason as accomplices", Cheryl suddenly said.

"She ran away from the Sister of Quiet Mercy and has maybe done that before with Elizabeth who helped her. Maybe even on the day that someone tried to kill my son."

"The noose is tightening around the throat of your murderous children", they looked at Alice and my dad who seemed ready to fight back, "I know it, Sheriff Keller knows it. I promise you that when we find Polly, and we will, then the whole town of Riverdale will know about what those girls did to my son."

"Are you done accusing my daughter and niece of such a crime?", my dad intervened, "So you want everyone to believe that the two of them tried to kill your son who was only toxic to them? That's crazy, Penelope. That family of yours is crazy if you consider those thoughts to be true."

"Oh so it wasn't Elizabeth Specter threatening my brother to kill him in school today? I think I can hear really well or did you say something else, Lizzy?"

"Cheryl!", Jason stopped her but she had already done damage.

"Is that true? Jason, Elizabeth?", Sheriff Keller looked between us.

"She had a reason for it", Jason tried to help me but I didn't deny it.

"And you called us crazy, Harvey. We expect you to add her name to the list of suspects, Sheriff Keller."

Jason didn't look at me anymore, he looked at the bottom. And I had no idea what to do when Sheriff Keller announced that he wanted to interrogate me.

"You can't be serious, Tom", my mom shook her head appalled, "Elizabeth is innocent and so is Polly. Why don't you just finally tell us what really happened, Jason?"

"I can repeat it for you, Dana. He has a retrograde amnesia signed by a doctor if his words aren't enough evidence for you."

"I'd like you to come to the police station with me, Elizabeth", Keller turned to me.

"I'm going with her", I heard mom tell dad in the background, "You'll stay with Alice and the others."