seventeen

FP could now be honest with us, telling Jughead, my dad and I that Blossom threatened him to hurt Jug if FP didn't admit what he did.

"I'm sorry, Jason", I told him on the next day, "I can't believe you have to go through this and-"

"He threatened me that he would hurt you, Liz. That's why I didn't say anything to anyone. If making sure that you were save, I wouldn't care about Jughead's dad."

"I'm sorry, Jase, I don't know what else to say. I just-"

"Will you forgive me now?", he asked with a soft voice.

"I do forgive you for what happened between us. But I can't forgive you for cheating on me."

"Because of that Serpent?"

"He's got a name, Jason. And it's not because of him. It just happened that we got to know and like each other but this has nothing to do with you."

"I'm just saying that you deserve more."

"And that's you? See, that's why I we don't have a chance again. I thank you for taking care of me but there was no need for it. Good luck with Polly and the babies."

"You're back", Toni chuckled.

"I'm not in the mood for jokes", I lightly smiled at her, "I guess Pea is pissed that I didn't talk to him?"

"Let's say disappointed not pissed but he will act like he's angry."

"Yeah, I get that", I nodded looking in Sweet Pea's direction, "Hey.. what happened to your eye?"

"Your dad", he kissed me, "He's pretty angry that I asked you out."

"What? Where is he?"

"Don't talk to him about it. That's how a gang works. We follow what he says and if we don't then there will be consequences."

"I'm sorry that I didn't call you but you might have heard that we found out what happened to Jason."

"Yeah, your aunt wrote an article about it but of course she didn't forget to mention the Serpents."

"I've talked to Jason and he said that it's only been Mustang who was involved."

"Why didn't he say that earlier if he knew about it?"

"His dad threatened him that he would hurt me if he did that."

"Are going back to him now?", Sweet Pea looked at me weirdly.

I guess he tried not to show any emotions too much but his voice cracked a little.

"No, of course I won't, dumbass", I smiled at him, "Plus you've got a black eye from my dad so I can't just leave you after that."

"So are you going to spend the day with us and join me in my trailer?", he grinned at me cheekily.

"I'd love to."

"Hey, lovebirds, your dad wants to talk to Pea!"

I was writing on the article about the fact that Riverdale has changed but no one wants to believe it.  Betty was right, no one has ever mentioned the fact that Clifford Blossom attempted to kill his own son while everyone points their finger at FP and the Serpents. She was brining us coffee right now so I was alone in the room for the Blue and Gold.

"Liz, can we talk?", Archie joined me.

"You weren't here today so I couldn't tell you what I told the others during lunch break. Veronica and I, we kissed a few times."

"Why do you tell me that in this way?", I wondered.

"Because if you and Sweet Pea aren't official and you and I still.. you know.. had a chance or something.."

"No, Archie, it's never been serious between us. We were just kids when happened what happened but that doesn't belong to our present anymore. But I'm glad that you're happy with her. You are, right?"

"Yes, of course."

"We're really lucky", I smiled, "Who would have thought that at the beginning of the year?"

"Cheryl, I'm sorry for being late. I had-"

Betty and I had talked to our parents about our article because they didn't want us to publish it. I was quite disappointed in my dad. Since he's a Serpent - especially their leader - I thought he would support an article that talked about them in a good way.

"You only missed my resignation. The Vixens are waiting for you in the gym as their new captain", She told me calmly.

"Uh.. what?", I weirdly laughed because I usually expected her to shout at me and threaten me to make me leave the team.

"And I wanted to give you that", she continued peacefully giving me her shirt.

"Your chef-bitch shirt?", I now gasped.

"The past days have changed my point of view a lot on some things. I realized what I've done. I didn't want to share Jason when you stepped in our lives but then we became close friends over the past months, you were my best friend, Liz", she almost whispered, "I just wished that you and Jason were still happy together and that everything was fine again, you know. I'm sorry for my behavior. I need a break from cheerleading and I know you'll be the best captain."

"Are you alright, Cheryl? I mean I'm honored but you love the team and you are our captain, it's not me. You've worked hard on it."

"I'm fine. I've cried enough for the Blossom men", she spoke confidently when she turned around leaving the dressing room.

"It's been crazy, Betty. I have no idea why she would suddenly apologize to me. I am thankful for that but I like the powerful, happy Cheryl more than that."

"I know what you mean. If you talk to Jason again, maybe he could help. He knows her the best."

"I didn't want to see him any more but I probably have to do that", I sighed, "Anyways, what do we do about our article?"

"I've already published it one the website of the Blue and Gold and it's in print tomorrow", she told me proudly, "Hey, how are you and Sweet Pea by the way? You haven't talked about him since Jug's birthday."

"We're really fine besides dad being unfair to him. I paid him, Toni and Fangs a visit yesterday and I found out that my dad gave him a black eye. But I think they're okay now. Do you want to go there with me tonight? You could get to know Toni, she's your cousin after all."

"That sounds great."

"I've missed that", Polly suddenly said when she leaned against the door, "Talking, doing homework, being a River Vixen.. I'm sorry for what I did to you, Liz but I hope you understand that I don't regret what happened. I'll be having wonderful babies, I can't be sorry for that."

"It's okay, Polly, I'm over it. I just want all of us to be happy again and there are people with serious problems so I'm glad that you and the babies are fine", I smiled at her.