thirty-two

I didn't even think about asking Sweet Pea to be honest. It's not because I didn't want to but I was sure he'd decline the offer and if I still went there without him I'd realize that we're more different than we thought. And right now it was a bad time for worries. Nick and Ronnie were telling some stories about New York and their amazing life which I understood since I lived there, too, before moving here last year but it was too much. It made life in Riverdale look like nothing. Cheryl tried to talk their language of course.

"We something with a little thrill", he opened his jacket to show us all of the Jingle Jangle.

"Is that-"

"Jingle Jangle? Yes, that's it."

"I've gave it to him", Reggie told us proudly, it's a miracle that we've had no fight this night after what happened between the Serpents and the Bulldogs.

"Come on, who wants to be first?"

"We told you we don't use drugs", Archie declined it.

"Archie, don't take it seriously but you're a damn party killer. Come on, V, just like in the good old days. You should offer me a good entertainment according to daddy."

"Keep calm, Nicky, I'm just getting started and when I think about it, I'd like some sweet stuff to add some spice to the party."

Oh, Veronica..

"What? Every other night it's burgers and milkshakes, can't we just stop being normal for once?"

Betty and I looked at each other, she knew about it. She knew my darkest secret. When Malachai and I were a thing, I was addicted to Jingle Jangle. That's why I know that the Serpents neither produce nor deal with this shit. No one noticed besides him but I told Betty about it when we were talking about Malachai's and I past.

"I'm in."

"Me too", Cheryl and Reggie joined.

"Kevin?"

"Are you in, Pussycats?"

"Betty, Liz?", V looked at us happily but we declined sighing.

"Come on, it'll be fun", she urged."

"I said no, V", Betty replied surprisingly harshly.

"Okay, calm down. It's absolutely voluntary."

"But I'm sure the famous Liz Specter will join us", Nick addressed me trying to be charming, "You're from New York and those girls aren't boring."

"Indeed I call Riverdale my home and I have to say no but thank you."

"Maybe we should go to the bedroom to not scare the rustics."

"I changed my mind, I'm in", Archie was persuaded.

"That's exactly that strong Riverdale that I was looking for."

As the others were dancing, I filled my glass with more whiskey. This night turned out to be frustrating if I was honest. Betty and I sat there on our chairs being the good girls who had no fun. I was tempted to try the drug again but I was afraid so I tried to not think about it although the others had the time of their lives around us.

"You look really good, Elizabeth", Nick stood beside me filling up my glass, "This dress suits you perfectly."

"I know you're trying to be charming, thank you for that but I have a boyfriend so I'm not the type of girl to flirt with."

"You're not? Liz, you're not even beautiful but stunning and more importantly sexy", he placed his had just over my butt which raised the anger inside of me.

"Put your hand away before I take it and put it in between the door and the wall so it will break."

"Woah, calm down. I'm just flirting", but he did as I said.

"If that's your kind of flirting then you're sick. Just have fun with the others but don't come near me or this party will end by me smashing your head against the wall", I threatened him so he laughed nervously, went to Cheryl instead.

"Come on, Betty, Liz, don't be wallflowers. Jughead and Sweet Pea aren't here so have fun with us!"

"Ronnie, we said we didn't want to go that far-"

"And you should know why", Betty stood up, raised her voice, "You took out those Jingle Jangle sticks but did anyone see the fear in Liz's eyes? She's not as tough as she plays, are you? She used to be addicted to that stuff when she was dating her Ghoulie boyfriend, isn't that crazy?"

"Betty", I whispered shocked not even realizing what she did there.

"I haven't finished. You know what? I'm even sorry, they should know that about you. You always play that good, kind girl that everyone falls in love with but look at you. You're just a privileged, spoiled, hollow party girl that likes to make everyone think that she's the best."

"Betty, why.. what..-"

"It's always the same cheap scam. Deep neckline, talking about others, bragging with money to distract others from the hard reality. There's nothing behind your shell."

"What the hell are you talking about, Betty?", Archie stepped in.

"Just what everyone thinks! The only reason why she plays that nice girl is because she needs to make everyone think that her family is strong just so they won't lose their good reputation. I'm not surprised anymore. Like father like daughter."

My jaw dropped, I stood there with everyone staring at me. The only thing that came to my mind was that I would never say such mean things to her so I just ran, ran away.

"Pea? Can you pick me up? I've drank alcohol and-"

"Stay where you are, I'm coming", Pea told me seriously when he heard how my voice was shaking from crying.

"Are you ready, Jug?"

"Sure, everything will be alright. Listen, Sweet Pea told me about yesterday.. Are you okay?"

"She spilled out my secret as if it was nothing, how could she?", I immediately sobbed remembering last night, "You're the only person I trust now."

"Hey, we will talk to Betty after the initiation."

"No, it's alright. At least I found out who my friends are."