fourty-four

Of course, Jughead wore his jacket the next day. I had mine on when I arrived at Sweet Pea's trailer but he advised me to take it off. It's only for a few hours.

„Hey, guys", Jug walked in the room where my friends and I sat in the one half of the room and the bulldogs in the other part, „What's going on?"

„Take off that jacket", Reggie demanded standing up, everyone else did the same in case there would be a fight, „Take off that damn jacket, rat boy."

Jughead sighed, „Oh, Reggie. You've got no idea what this jacket means. Because you've got no sense for honor, history or loyalty-"

So the fight started for which we all got detention for a week.

„No way, you're wearing a turtle neck sweater?", I enjoyed looking at my boyfriend who suddenly looked like the kind guy who studies all day long, „This looks so sweet on you."

„Don't mock me. This is torture enough."

„Welcome to the first meeting of our swords and serpents club", Jug and I smiled at the Serpents who go to Riverdale High with us.

„What exactly is that?", Toni asked wondering what came to our minds this time.

„Just like we told Fangs to get him back to good old Riverdale High, we're a gaming club signed by Mr. Weatherbee himself."

„Like-minded students can meet here to create new worlds and do role plays. We've got fantastic heroes here to eliminate mythical creatures", Jug continued.

„No, seriously", T chuckled skeptically.

„It's a club for us. A port where we can be serpents during school time and in front of everyone's eyes. We don't go without our skin. We're behaving silent in the in tall grass."

„What the hell happened here?", I screamed shocked when I noticed all of the blood on the wooden floor that Alice loved to keep clean, „Have you killed someone?"

„Don't run into the blood!", I heard my aunt yell from the kitchen nervously, „Walk around it."

„Yeah, not that easy", I muttered loudly walking over to them, „Who the hell are you?"

I noticed a boy sitting there and everyone around him helping.

„Ellie, this is my long lost brother Charles", Betty gestured.

„It's Chick actually", he looked at me weirdly.

„And can you press your tooth together to a smile, too?", I arched my right eyebrow skeptically.

There was something I didn't like about him.

„Elizabeth!", Alice hissed at me, „He's here for the first time. Someone has attacked him. Do you think that's a reason to smile?"

„Sorry", I rolled my eyes, thought about helping but they've already finished cleaning him up.

„So you're my cousin then, huh?"

„Who are you?", he asked shyly but I knew he really wasn't.

„She's your cousin Elizabeth, Chick. My brother's daughter."

„Just call me Liz. I'd say welcome home then", I decided to give him my hand friendly.

„You're trying out for the basketball team?", I repeated what Sweet Pea had just told me, „I love that idea."

I was honest with that. He tried to socialize himself into this school, gave it a chance. And I could go to his games then.

„Yeah, thought it's quite perfect for the cliché when my girlfriend's the second cheer captain", he smiled sweetly.

I had to admit, ever since we became a couple again a few days ago, it was perfect.

„You're tall so", I grinned remembering how I called him the tall Serpent when we got to know each other, „Maybe you can help me when Chick tries to kill all of us."

„Is he really that crazy?"

„No, I'm just being mean. But he's really weird. I just don't have a good feeling", I sighed walking up to our next class with him.

„Hey, are you going to go to the Picken's Day event with me?"

„I'd love to but I promised Alice to go with her, Betty and Chick. She's just trying to get her happy family back after Hal freaked out while we had breakfast. I'm kind of glad my dad's in New York right now. I don't think he'd like Chick either."

„When is he going to come back? I thought he'd stay for a while especially since FP works at Pop's and doesn't have time for the Serpents that much."

„He said they would try to come back until the weekend but until then you have to deal with me, the better Specter", I joked laughing until kissed me.

„Hey, T. Jug told me you're quite angry about the article", I gave my sister a sympathetic smile, „It's been quite defensive."

„I'm not just angry, I'm really disappointed. Grandpa and I trusted him, we don't do that with everyone. And he writes an article about grandpa's story? It's not his damn story to tell!"

„I know, he shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry that he did that to you. But we both know that Jug did at least think he would do the right thing. He didn't mean to insult your grandpa but you can't deny that he's older and been silent for such a long time. He wouldn't fight against the Northside so Jug wanted to do this for him."

„It's just not his business", Toni sighed shaking her head, she knew I was right.

„He had the right reasons, just chose the wrong way to express his feelings", I hugged her, „Don't be too harsh to him."

Betty and I were just following Alice and her new found son who were looking like the perfect family.

„Girls, I'm so happy. I wish Harvey and Dana were here to enjoy our family time together", Alice fancied.

Betty and I looked at each other rolling our eyes, we were happy for her but it was a little too good to be real.

We watched Fred talking about Riverdale and Veronica sing until we noticed some guys walking around with tape on their mouth. I recognized them as the Serpents. Wait.. did they plan this because of what Jughead found out? I mean I understood it but I would have helped if I knew about it. I saw Sweet Pea holding a sign labeled with the words „honor our land" and Toni's grandpa.

„I'm surprised you're not standing there. That's your parents' spirit", Alice whispered to me, surprisingly she sounded sympathetically.

„Seems like I didn't get the message."