twenty-nine

"By the way I'm really glad that you forgave me for what I said. I was an idiot", Sweet Pea apologized for his behavior multiple times when we met at the White Wyrm to hang out with Fangs and Toni.

I still thought about what my dad said before but I tried to ignore it. He has always been right until now but Sweet Pea wouldn't hurt me. After all that has happened between Jason and I, I finally learned to trust again thanks to my boyfriend.

"I know, Pea, it's alright", I giggled.

The alcohol controlled us, we were being the romantic teenagers like Jug and Betty.

"Guys, shut up. Let's go home", Fangs yawned next to us.

Oh, I almost forgot about him.

"Sorry Fangsy but we really really like each other."

Turning our heads to the streets, we saw someone spray-painting the walls of the White Wyrm.

"Hey!", Sweet Pea shouted through the dark still holding my hand, "What the hell are you doing there?!"

"I'm not here for you", I heard - damn - Archie Andrews say. What the heck, Archie?!

"Oh, yeah? For whom is the message then?", Pea walked faster pushing Archies hands down so he stopped damaging our walls, "Shit, redhead. Don't say it's for Blackhood? Can you believe it? And then they say we're the bad ones."

Archie didn't look at anyone of us, just tried to walk past but the boys stopped him. I still tried to understand why Archie went that far. His dad was shot, he wanted to protect him but that wasn't the right way.

"Woah, Southside Serpent territory. Understand? You can't just come here and tag the territory. So better run back to the Northside or else you're going to have problems."

"Archie, please just go. This is vandalism", I tried to say it in a friendlier way.

"Get out of my way before someone gets hurt", he just threatened us.

"Oh, that was a big mistake", my boyfriend grinned pushing me behind him while pulling out his pocket knife.

"Archie, please", I breathed nervously, "Blackhood will get the message."

"Who's making the mistake?", Archie shouted at us, suddenly pulling out a real gun, "Who's making the mistake? Huh?"

"Come on, babe, let's go."

"It's still you, Arch. This is going too far", I replied before all of us ran away in the dark.

"Fangs, tell the boys that we'll meet at redheads house!"

"What are you planning, Sweet Pea?"

"Revenge", he replied to me angrily, "He can't come to our land, tagging our walls and get away with that easily."

"What's on your mind, Liz?", Fangs looked at me.

"I'm in. I still think this is a stupid idea but I will go with you boys. You're right, he went too far this night", I admitted.

"You're the best baby."

"How dumb are you Northsiders. Do you really think you can come to us, hold a gun to my girl's head in front of my boys and I won't take revenge?"

"You've got a crap timing, bro. Bulldogs eat Serpents for breakfast and it doesn't surprise me to see you on the dirty side of the city, Liz", Reggie appeared opening Archie's door more.

"We will see about that. The more the merrier."

"Hey, keep calm", Archie held his arm up too Reggie's breast, "Veronica, Liz, you two stay here."

"What? Archie, no-"

"You don't speak for me", I rolled my eyes.

I had decided to stick to Sweet Pea and the Serpents so I would do this even if it meant to fight against a good friend.

"Veronica, ever since that happened to my dad, I swore to protect him and this house. Stay here. You want to fight? Let's fight."

"What about your gun?"

"What about your knife?"

"How about no weapons at all?", Ronnie joined in, "When you feel the desperate need to punch each other, there will be some rules. Or should I bring Sheriff Keller to be the referee?"

The Serpents and I drove to the meeting place with our bikes or in other words, I sat behind Sweet Pea on his. Still no idea if that was the right thing to do - I guess it wasn't - but I wanted to prove my loyalty. Maybe it had something to do with my dad to tell myself that Pea and I were a team.

Veronica and I stood on the side, I had to promise my boyfriend to not fight with them so I won't get hurt. Bulldogs were on the right side, the Serpents on the left. The storm just made the atmosphere more dramatic.

I never thought that would happen but the fight started with Archie beating Sweet Pea so hard that there was blood in his mouth when they all ran against each other. I mainly focused on my two friends. The situation changed, they were now punching Archie. The Bulldogs must have understood that they were about to loose, Dilton pulled out a knife. How stupid could he be?! Sweet Pea's eyes met mine. It was the wrong moment to this that but he looked so hot. Archie took advantage of us looking at each other and pushed Sweet Pea to the ground. He already had blood streaming out of his mouth, I couldn't let him get away with a broken bone or rib. I ran up to the two of them, in the moment that Archie lunged to kick Pea in the stomach, I formed my had to a fist and knocked him down to the ground with all of my power so that he was now the one with blood streaming out of his nose and mouth. Before any of us could realize what had just happened we heard a gunshot, Veronica stopped our fight, Serpents hurried to get away from this place. I had fought against one of my best friends. Would Archie have used the gun if he had the chance to?