fourty-six

„I'm so nervous. I'm actually about to freak out", I talked to Sweet Pea at Ronnie's party before we would sing together. 

„Babe, it's just a song. Don't worry about that."

„You're such an idiot. I mean about the Serpents and Penny", I hissed, regretted it just the next second, „Sorry. I've just never seen my dad so angry. I know I say that often but I wasn't even sure if he would hit me or the wall. My mom hasn't talked to me anymore. She's so hurt. What I did.."

„What you did was the only way to get rid of her. Your mom and dad know that, everyone does. They will calm down soon."

„I've hurt Penny. No matter what she did to us but no one deserves being hurt like that."

„Come, Elizabeth", my mom talked to me again but held my arm vigorously, „You promised Ronnie to sing there. It's about to start."

„Dana, she-"

„Mrs. Specter or Scott for you, Sweet Pea. I don't need a boy to tell me something about my daughter. Although something must have really gone wrong", she hissed at him.

„Mom, Sweet Pea didn't-"

„I don't want to hear it. Go and keep your promise. And afterwards you're going to sit with your dad and me. Don't even think of going to Sweet Pea or leave the ceremony."

Juggie 👑

come to the Wyrm right now

Tallboy stole Picken's head

We need to stop the damn vote

Liz

on my way.

„Where do you plan on going? Didn't I say you stay here until we decide to leave?", mom stopped me just a few steps before I could left the hall to drive with Sweet Pea to the Wyrm.

„Mom, I really understand that I've made a mistake and I really regret it but why are you so aggressive? You would never follow me or force me to do something. But earlier, you didn't even let go of my arm, you've really hurt me. And it's not Sweet Pea's fault what happened. He was against it but Jug and I persuaded everyone."

„We're not going to talk about it here", dad saw us and tried to help.

„Dad.. It's usually you who's upset. What's the difference now?", I wonder knowing that there must be something behind it, my mom's always been calm.

„As I said this is not the right place. Come on, the four of are going to the Wyrm now. FP called me earlier saying it's important."

And suddenly the look in my mom's eyes was softer. I asked myself why..

„Stop that damn vote", FP walked in with the head in his hands, he began to interrogate Tallboy.

„Why did you do that? Did someone force you to do that?", Jug did the same as his dad.

I stood in-between Sweet Pea and Betty, my mom and dad were on the other side next to Tallboy but mom wouldn't stop staring at me.

„What's gotten into your mom?", Sweet Pea whispered.

„I have no idea, she's being so aggressive. I'm actually scared of her."

„We'll find it out after this, I promise."

„What's blondie from the Northside doing here?", Tallboy didn't answer any of Jughead's questions, „It's about the Serpent and it's the land of the Serpents."

„She's family, Tallboy. And she's done the fraternity pledging. She's much more a Serpent than you", my mom hissed at him - oh so it's not only me who she was doing that to -, „Don't dare to say one word about my niece again."

„You didn't answer our questions. Why did you do it?"

„Because I was sick of the Serpents becoming weaker and weaker under the leadership of you two. You don't scare me, Dana. Your brother, Diego Sanchez, and Hiram Lodge were here. They asked me to do it so there's going to be chaos."

I arched my eyebrows looking at my parents. That's when I saw my mom's face with a different expression than anger. She seemed to be scared but also even more upset than before.

„So these two attempted to stir up a mutiny with you? You helped him. Why?"

„I thought that's my chance of getting rid of you and the little princess, sunshine. And when they're away, I could get rid of you and Harvey, FP."

„And then you would have been the leader?", my dad suddenly laughed clapping his hands sarcastically, „You would have ruined every single one of us."

„Him and Penny. You're a Judas, Tallboy and an idiot."

„You've betrayed your own folk and broke the Serpent law. What do we do with the traitor?", FP yelled through the whole room.

„Take away his jacket and dishonor him."

„Who's voting for us to do that?", everyone raised their hands, „Looks like this piece of shit and I've got a long way to go."

„Where do you think you're going?", my mom ran after me when Sweet Pea and I were about to get on his bike.

„We're going to get away from this damn place, mom. I'm so done with you overreacting and probably lying to me again", I yelled hysterically, „What's that damn connection between you and the Lodges'? The brother everyone except for me knows about?"

„Elizabeth, calm down now", dad slowly stepped closer, „We're going to talk about everything at home."

„Talk about it? Like the last time when you said you would be honest but you actually weren't?"

„You have no idea."

„Yeah because you don't want me to know about it. I'm going to go with Sweet Pea now if you don't mind", I shook my head disappointed.

„Hey, are you okay?", Sweet Pea murmured against my head, we laid down on his couch cuddling.

„You mean because of my parents?"

„You've never talked to me about your family. I'm here for you, just know that."

„I've asked my mom if dad had cheated on her a few weeks ago when I found out that Toni was my half-sister. She told me the story behind it which you probably know from Toni. But she also told me that she left her family for my dad because they were working together with Hiram Lodge's family and hated my dad for being a Serpent from the Southside. She never mentioned a brother", I thought back wondering why she still kept secrets from me.

„Talk to her tomorrow, baby. I'm going to be there to support you if you you want me to", Sweet Pea kissed my cheeks.

„Thanks, Pea. I really love you, you know", I giggled happily when he began to kiss me.