13: The E Word

I like the song. It's really beautiful. The song name is My Salvation by Gabrielle Aplin.

You guys should also watch the Miraculous Ladybug AMV yo this song. It's called: salvation | adrientte + ladynoir

Onto the chapter!
******************************************

Ayame's POV

"YOU DID WHAT?!!!" I asked. I felt like my soul was about to leave my body. My parents came back from work with news for me and I did not like it.

"You heard us young lady, you're engaged."

Time had stopped. The world had stopped. Everything just stopped for a minute. I knew that this would happen one day but... why now? How am I gonna move on from Adrien? I only love him.

"Ayame, sweetie, are you okay?" asked father. I shook my head to unfreeze. "Okay? OKAY?! DO I SOUND OKAY TO YOU?!"

"Hey! You will not raise your voice at us young lady!!" yelled father. "Well, I'm sorry!! It's not like you just wrote my whole future down on a piece of paper!" I said. I was sad, angry, scared, frustrated, everything. I did not want this.

"What did I say?! And relax! You have to be betrothed to take over the company," stated father. "Ugh!!!" I raced pass them and up the steps. They have always tried to control my life ever since I was born and now... this. For a minute, I thought I wouldn't have to worry about this cause they seemed so laid back but I should've known better. I jumped onto my bed and screamed into my pillow. I heard a whimper and looked to see Cluver and Sage looking at me worried. I sat up and Sage sat on my lap so I had pet her.

"I heard your conservation with your parents Ayame, what are you gonna do?" asked Cluver. "Nothing. Just sit like a "good girl" and take it," I said. "They won't even tell me who it is..." I looked down sadly then looked over to the picture of my dresser of Adrien and I. My heart clenched. Cluver noticed this.

"Well, no worries Ayame! Let's hope for the best and you still got me!" said Cluver. "Ugga mugga." Cluver snuggled our noses and I giggled. "That tickles Cluver," I said. Cluver smiled.

"Ayame!!! We're going to talk to your fiancé right now so come on!" yelled mother. I groaned. "Coming!!" I got up and put Sage on her bed then pet her. "You be good now," I said. She barked and I opened my purse for Cluver. "Let's go." She flew in then I left downstairs to the car and got in. Sato closed the door behind me and drove us there.

I looked out the window sadly. "Don't be so glum sweetie, you're gonna love this!" said father. "Yeah sure," I said emotionless. We soon pulled up at Adrien's house. I raised a brow then looked at my parents. They just smiled then got out. My father helped me out and we went to the door.

Why are we here?

Knock. Knock.

Meanwhile Adrien's POV earlier

I was minding my own business in my room while looking at everything about Hope on the Lady Blog. I smiled. "Wow, you're really in love with this girl," stated Plagg. He ate some cheese. "You don't even know who she is." I leaned back in my chair. "I'm not in love Plagg, I just think she's a really cool teammate. Besides, Ayame's the one for me," I said dreamily at the end. "Ew, you're gonna make me loose my appetite," he said. I just rolled my eyes. "Adrien?" asked Natalie from the other side of my door.

Plagg hid. "Come in!" Natalie came in. "Your father have requested to see you," she said. "Now?" I asked. "Yes."

I got up and followed her to where my dad was. She opened the door for me and I walked in. "You asked to see me father?" I asked. He turned around from the painting. "Yes. I met up with a business partner not too long ago and we were talking about the future of his company and his daughter needs a husband so I decided to engage you to her," he said.