✨Homework✨

Six

It's around 6:15 pm. I came home, back to my apartment. My house phone kept going off with voice mails from my mother. It's the same thing over and over.

"Hi N/n-chan! It's Mom, I just wanted to call to say good morning! Always know I love you and you're a handsome man, don't forget it! Bye."

I lie on my bed, tired. Now people know I can talk... And they'll be even more curious on why I never tried to befriend them.

Ding! Dong!

Huh? I never told anyone where I lived... I get up and head toward the door. But then I turn back to unplug my house phone. I walk back to the door and look through the peep-hole and see Kaidou. How did he know? I open the door.

"Ah- L/n! Umm... I just..." He stutters.

"Do you want to come in?" I step aside to make room for him to walk in.

He hesitates, "I guess... Oh- I'm here to give you your homework!"

He rushes to get the papers from his bag.

"It's alright." I grab his arm to stop him. "You can set it on the kitchen table."

He nods hesitantly.

"Close the door and take off your shoes... I'll get you something to drink." I walk off toward the kitchen.

I hear Kaidou rushing to close the door and take his shoes off. He stomps his way after me.

"WAH-" I drop the cup of water I had in my hand and lunged for Kaidou. Kaidou tripped over his own feet trying to follow me.

One of my arms wrapped around his waist, while the other held onto the door way. It happened too quickly. Once Kaidou felt my arm pulling him up, he lunged forward and wrapped his arms around my neck. He burried his face into my chest.

"Uh, I-I'm..." I'm not sure if Kaidou is shaking in fear for what is happening now or he's shaking out of surprise.

Slowly, I stand up straight, pulling Kaidou up onto his feet as well. "Sorry... I forgot I had the floor waxed a couple of days ago..."

Kaidou slides his hands down onto my chest. He looks up at me with a flustered face, "Don't wo-worry about it."

"Uh," I stare down, "You really are short."

"AH- YOU MEANIE!" Kaidou puffed out his cheeks and smack his fists against my chest.

I laugh, "That feels like a baby is hitting me."

"Hey! Why are you so mean? As the Jet Black Wings, I will kick your butt!" Kaidou says confidently, although his face was still red.

I grab his wrists before he could hit me again. I chuckle as I watch him struggle to get free from my grasp. Kaidou backs away in hopes of, probably, me falling over.

"I'll show you my... ULTIMATE POWER L/N!" Kaidou laughs evilly.

Kaidou pulls his wrists toward himself. Since the floor is waxed, I started to slide toward him. He chuckles.

I smile, "Hey! You're too strong!"

"It's because I'm the Jet Black Wings, haha!"

Then my stomach fell. Just as I was about to yank him back, I slipped.

"Oof!" we say in unison.

I groan in slight pain, "Pft- sorry Kai...dou?" I move to sit up, but immediately stop.

"Fweh~!"

My eyes widened as I looked at Kaidou, who is on top of me. I made the situation worse by sitting up. My right leg naturally came up and is now rubbing against Kaidou. His face was burried into my abdomen while his hands clutched my shirt, on my chest.

"K-k-k-Kaidou, ar-are you okay-y?" I stammered. Blood rushed up to my face.

He hesitantly looks up, face bright crimson, "Y-yeah..."

Cute... I shake my head. I can't think like that! He probably wouldn't like me thinking about him like that. Slowly, I start to move, trying to get out of the awkward situation I created.

"Wa-wait!" Kaidou interrupts.

I stop moving, "Is there something wrong? Are you hurt?"

Kaidou's face flushes again. He starts to stutter over his words. I give him a lighthearted scoff. He stops trying to speak and looks down in embarrassment. I move and sit up properly, instead of half laying half sitting. Kaidou slides down onto my lap. Without any hesitation, I wrap my arms around Kaidou's waist and bury my face into the crook of his neck.

"L-l-l-l-l/n-n!" Kaidou stutters.

I nuzzled him, "Just a little longer..."

"Ha...aha..." I think he's had too much blood-rush to his face.

Sighing, I move back and stare into Kaidou's eyes, "I'm sorry. I-I don't know what's gotten into me..."

"Umm... It's fine... S-should I get your h-homewo-rk?" Kaidou grabs his bag and starts digging through it. "Ah, here!"

I take the papers, "Thanks... Sorry... Again."

"It's fine..." He mumbles.

He's still sitting on me. I clear my throat, "Am I a comfortable chair?"

Steam gushes from his ears, "I'm s-s-ssorry!"

He jumps up and stumbles backward. He slips and hits the wall behind him.

"Umm! I should go!" He jumps up again. "I'll see you at school!"

"Huh?"