✨Do You?✨ [Slightly Edited]

Seven

A week passed and Kaidou hasn't said a word to me. There was a new kid named Kuboyasu Aren. He wrote "was here" after his name on the chalk board and it became clear that he is or was a delinquent. I'm not sure why he's trying to act different now, but that's not why I'm skeptical. It hasn't even been a full week since Kuboyasu joined our class, but Kaidou and him have been almost inseparable. It was a Thursday. They both came into class chatting up a storm as if they've been friends since childhood.

"L/n-san, why are you staring at Kuboyasu and Kaidou?" Mera asks. Mera was dragged over to me by Chiyo and Teruhashi. I'm not sure why, but Mera isn't as annoying as anyone else, but she's an idiot for sure.

"None of your business." I turned to look at her. She is currently sitting in front of me with a chair she took from Takahashi. She's currently eating four bags of chips.

"Are you jealous?" Mera suddenly questions.

I flinch, "Why the hell would I be jealous?"

"Huh? Because you used to be friends with Kaidou." Mera stares at me and gasps. "You are!"

"Mera, I am not." I scoff.

She shakes her head, "It will be better for you if you just accept it."

"I accept the fact that I am not jealous." I glare.

Mera flinches, "You're scary."

"That's nice to know." I yawn.

"Do you like him?" I stared at Mera, shocked. She smiles. "You do!"

I grab her wrist and drag her out of the classroom. I can feel the stares of everyone else in the class. I stop near an empty storage room.

"I don't need you spreading rumors." I punched the wall behind her, next to her head.

She flinches, "I wasn't going to spread rumors! I was just kidding when I said that!"

I blush, "I... Just don't say those kinds of things."

Just as I was about to walk away, Mera grabs my arms and pulls me back. "But do you?"

"Do I what?" I yank my arm from her grip.

She rolls her eyes, "Like him? Kaidou?"

I open my mouth to speak, but end up not saying anything. I think of the time we were at my place. The way he lied on top of me, vulnerable. My heart speeds up. My face heats up.

Mera's eyes widened, "Y-you do!"

"Shut your trap!" I clasp my hands over her chip crumb covered mouth. She continues to talk, but it comes out muffled. I sigh, "If you... If you keep quiet, I'll answer one question, if you have any..."

She nods vigorously. I move my hands from her mouth. Gross, I have crumbs and spit on my hands. "When? Why? How long?"

"I said one. Imbecile." I growled at her. She stands there waiting for the answers. "I just realized it now. I don't know why. And for about... A couple of months, without realizing it, of course."

Mera blushes, "Just thinking about... Hehe, I have butterflies."

I glare at her, "You better keep quiet."

"Only if you give me food everyday from now on." Her eyes sparkle.

"To keep you from spilling the beans? Fine, deal."