✨Jealous✨

Nine

"Aren!" I watch as Kaidou calls Kuboyasu from across the classroom. Kaidou is standing in front of Saiki, bothering him again.

Kuboyasu smiles, "Shun! Did you finish the game I gave you?"

Kaidou pulls out a game boy from his pocket, "I stayed up all night!"

"It's a good game right?" Kuboyasu takes the game boy, eyes filled with stars.

"The best!" Kaidou gives Kuboyasu a high-five.

I look away from them. There is a burning sensation from within me. Am I jealous? I can't be jealous! I mentally scream at myself. I have to talk to Kaidou... I get up from my seat and walk over to Kaidou and Kuboyasu.

"Hey, Kaidou." I give him a quick smile.

He stares up at me, face flushed red, "L-l-l-l-L/n! Hi!"

"Um, Kuboyasu, if you don't mind... I need to take Kaidou from you for a couple of minutes." I look at him and scratch the back of my neck.

"Hm? Oh sure, I don't mind." Kuboyasu smiles warmly.

I give him a nod in return before grabbing Kaidou's hand and pulling him out of the classroom.

"O-oh, hey! Where a-are we going?" Kaidou squeaks.

I grab the handle of a random storage closet and open it. Kaidou looks at me worriedly. My cheeks heat up. Avoiding eye contact, I usher him into the closet. Once we were in the closet, I closed the door behind me and turn on the lights.

"S-s-s-so? What d-did y-you want to t-talk about?" He shuffles uncomfortably.

"I," I start before looking away from Kaidou, embarrassed, "um... Why aren't you talking to me anymore?"

"Huh?" Kaidou's eyes widened.

Gulping, I move my head to face him, "It feels lonely... Without you talking to me... I thought I was your side-kick?"

Kaidou blushes, "U-um! I-i-i... Haven't been feeling well, you know? Holding in all this power in my right arm, I have to fight the demons trying to take over my body!"

I close my left eye, "Is that right? You need to overcome that, Jet Black Wings. I can't fight the Dark Reunion alone."

"You're right!" A burst of confidence emerges from within Kaidou. "I am sorry Dark Fangs! I can't imagine the struggles you've been through!"

I smile, "As long as you're fighting alongside me, then I'll be fine."

Kaidou pauses. He stares at me, registering what I just said. Soon enough, his entire face becomes bright red. "H-h-h-how di-did you say that s-s-s-so calmly?!"

"Huh?" I stare at him. A laugh erupts from my throat.

"L/n!" He smacks on my chest. He takes a deep breath before looking up at me, nervously, "Why did you want to talk so suddenly? You could've said something earlier... Why now?"

"Ah..." I look down at my feet. I didn't want him to see my flustered face. "To be completely honest... I... Was a little jealous by the fact you gave your attention to Kuboyasu and... Not me."

"J-jealous? Of Kuboyasu?"

I look into his ruby-red eyes, "I'm sorry... I didn't mean anything by it, I just... I don't know... N-nevermind. Just forget it."

Kaidou hesitates to move, but when he mustered up the courage, he wrapped his arms around me. "I'm sorry for not being a good friend... I'll... I'll be a better friend, I promise!"

But I don't want to be friends... I wrap my around his neck and smile, "Okay..."