✨Food✨

Thirty-seven

"L/n, buy me lunch!" Mera walks over to me, munching on a melon bun.

My eyes narrow at the sight of her, "You glutton."

Shun furrows his brows, "You buy her lunch?"

"Yes he does!" Mera giggles. "Let's go get food."

She tries to link our arms. "Don't touch me with you crusty hands!" I pin her arm on her back.

"Owie, owie! L/n! The food!" She whines.

Shun taps my shoulder, "When did you learn those moves?"

"Huh?" I stare down at him. "I just watch a bunch of movies."

"Movies?! You did that move so smoothly though!" His ruby eyes widen in disbelief.

I let go of Mera, "Well I've done it to Mera a lot so... It's gotten better."

Mera crosses her arms, "It hurts everytime!"

"Wah!" Shun's eyes sparkle. "Teach me!"

"Uh, okay. But you have to be dedicated into learning this one move."

Shun nods vigorously, "Okay!"

"L/n!" Mera drops to the floor, half dead. "I'm starving!"

"You annoying pience of-" I grab her collar and start dragging her to the canteen. "Let's go before I change my mind and murder you on school grounds."

Mera sparkles, "Haha! L/n-sama, thank you!"

"I suggest you keep quiet." Looking over my shoulder, I glare down at her.

"Yes sir!" She beams.

I look away from Mera and see Shun still following us. My mouth gaps open, "Shun? I forgot you're still here! Will you be eating something that isn't ramen today?"

He smiles, "Only if you buy it for me! I-if you don't mind, of course!"

"I don't mind at all!"

"Hey! Why do you talk to him like that? I'm the reason you two got together!" Mera struggles to wiggle out of my grip.

I stare down at her, "You aren't important in the relationship you helped get together."

A lighting bolt strikes through her heart. Mera let's out tears, "How could you say such things! You're gonna buy me a meal today! Not a snack!"

"Do you want to die?!" I lift her off the floor and glare into her brown eyes.

She crosses her arms, "Then I'll tell everyone in the school!"

"Fine! Be my guest." Letting go of her collar, I grab Shun's hand and continue walking.

Shun's jaw is dropped, "A-are you really letting her tell everyone?"

"Yes."

"How do you th-think they'll react to... You know!" He stammers his words.

I shrug, "I don't care."

"But I do!" He yanks his arm away. "I'm still terrified by the fact that my mom knows! How am I s-supposed-"

I pull Shun into an empty classroom, it's usually uses for storage nowadays. I spin him around, moving in front of the door, only to slide it shut. My arms wrap around Shun's small body. "I'll protect you."

"W-what? P-protect me?" He whispers. "I'm the Jet Black Wings! I don't need protecrion!"

I tilt his head up, "Shun."

He grips my green blazer, eyes widening, "Y-y-yes?"

"All jokes aside... I'm being serious." I whisper to him. "Once- if the school finds out, I'll protect you from any bullies. Okay?"

"I..." Shun starts, only to look away from my gaze, his ruby eyes glossy. "I don't w-want you t-to do that... Who will p-protect you?"

"Mera." I chuckle. "I don't think she'll want me in the hospital, or to switch schools. If I do, who'll buy her food?"

Shun looks up at me and smiles. "I guess so... She does become a wild Amazon lady when it comes to food."

I plant a kiss on his nose, "Exactly. Now let's go to lunch. I'm hungry."

"Okay."