✨Can I Have Him?✨

Twenty-three

Sometimes I feel like time goes by too fast. I mean like, last week it felt as if it were winter, but now it's fricken humid. Speaking of time, it's Thursday. I asked Shun about last week's weather and he replied with, "It wasn't as humid as the past few days, why?"

"For some reason I feel like it was winter still..." I replied. Shun and I are walking to school together.

"Well, winter ended earlier this year, because of my powers! I'm so powerful that I can control the weather! Did I ever tell you about that time I felt something in the wind? It was very deadly too..." Shun continues to ramble about the wind. I was too focused to realize the thing in front of me.

"Oof!" I stumble back. I look down, slightly, and see Kuboyasu. "Oh, Kuboyasu. Sorry."

He forces a smile, "It's fine. You looked deep in thought."

"Hm. Guess I was." I mumble back.

"So you weren't listening?" Shun puffs out his cheeks.

I stare at him, "Huh? Oh, well, n-no... But I heard a lot! Ugh. I'm sorry!"

"How could you? I was explaining such a cool battle scene I had because of the deadly wind I sensed!" Shun exclaims.

"Then from the top! Explain again!" I slug my arm across his shoulders. "I'll listen for sure!"

"I'd like to listen as well." Kuboyasu stands on the other side of Shun. His eyes glared into mine. I stare back challengingly.

Shun smiles victoriously, "Well! Um, I stood in the middle of a field. The wind howling from all around me, I don't think anyone could hear the screams I heard..."

The bell rang. It's lunch.

"Let's get ramen!" Nendou's annoying air head voice exclaims happily to Saiki.

Shun shoots up from his seat, "Let's go M/n!"

I get up from my seat and follow behind them. Kuboyasu rushes passed me and joins the conversation Nendou and Shun are having.

"Oh L/n-kun. Are you getting ramen with Saiki?" Teruhashi walks beside me.

"Yeah. Why? Are you gonna confess to him today?" I smirk.

I hear a gasp from the other side of me, it was Chiyo. "What?"

"Chiyo!" Teruhashi smiles nervously, "Um, no I'm not going to confess! What's there to confess? We're just friends! Haha!"

"L/n, are you buying me food today?" Mera pushes passed Chiyo.

"Why the hell would I buy you more food, you glutton?" I glare.

Mera shrugs, "Because you said you would."

"I'll buy you one thing." I reply. I already knew what she implied when she said that. I'm not sure if Shun would want anyone knowing we are a thing. I really should ask.

"Hey, L/n." I stop dead in my tracks. It's Kuboyasu. "I have to talk to you. Got a moment?"

"I guess." I reply. "You three pigs go on without me. Mera. Go buy yourself something." I give Mera some money before pushing the three girls away.

There isn't anyone in the halls at this time. They are either at the canteen or in classes.

"What kind of relationship do you have with Kaidou Shun?"

"Why? You aren't interested in him, are you?" I lift my brow.

He shakes his head, "I asked first. Now answer."

"We're friends. What other answer is there?" Rolling my eyes, I scoff.

"So, you won't mind if I make him mine then? Since you two seem so close, I thought I'd ask." He smiles.

I frown, "I do mind actually."

"Why's that?" Kuboyasu narrows his eyes.

"Shun. Would Shun allow you to claim him as yours? He isn't some toy. If that's what he is to you, then I suggest you back the hell off." I reply angrily.

Kuboyasu stares. Unfazed by my outburst of angry words. Plus, there's no way Shun will choose him over me. Right?

"Alright. That's all I wanted to ask." He turns and walks away. "I'll see you around then."

"Tch."