✨Confession✨

Thirteen

It is another day. Nothing big happened. At least in my life. Everything is normal. I went out to eat ramen with the gang again. Only this time the girls joined us. Mera, Chyio, and Teruhashi. I have a feeling Teruhashi is interested in Saiki, but there's just no way. Right?

"Alrighty, I'm gonna head home." Kuboyasu gets up from his seat.

Nendou takes Kuboyasu's bowl and slurps up the rest of the soup, "See you buddy!"

Kaidou waves at him as he walks away, "See you Monday Aren!"

"Hey, L/n. Can we talk for a moment?" Mera takes my bowl and finishes it off for me.

"Mera, you glutton, I was gonna finish that!" I growl.

Mera slurps up the soup, just as Nendou did with Kuboyasu's. "I need to talk to you."

"Fine. I'll be right back." I announce as I leave with Mera. We head outside of the ramen place. "What?"

"Tell Kaidou." Mera states boldly.

Sighing, I lightly shove Mera aside, "No. Being friends is enough."

"That's a lie. Just tell him! And if he doesn't like the fact that you like him... I'll pay ten grand!" Her brown eyes sparkle.

"You're broke." I chop her head.

Mera crosses her arms, "If you don't tell him today, I'll tell him Monday, over the speakers."

I freeze, "You brat! You wouldn't dare!"

"Watch me." She smiles evilly.

I hesitate to reply. There's no way he'll even like me back! After those awkward moments, he must be dying to get away from me... "Fine!"

"Pleasure doing business with you." Mera walks back inside the building. I follow shortly after.

I don't sit down, instead I grab my bag and swing it over my shoulder, "I'm heading home."

Mera glares at me. I glare back. Nendou notices this and laughs, "You're really mean to everyone man!"

"I'm not mean. I prefer sassy and sarcastic." I sass back.

"Haha, I don't think you can make up words!" Nendou leans back in his chair, only to fall over.

I state blankly, "Imbecile... Anyways, Kaidou. Wanna walk home with me or are you gonna stay with Saiki and... That."

Kaidou looks and Saiki, who shrugs, then at Nendou. "I don't mind walking with you. I'll see you guys Monday!"

He grabs his bag and starts off. Mera chuckles. I glare at her before walking out after Kaidou.

"Are you good with Mera?" Kaidou speaks up.

"Hm? Yeah, why?" I nudge his shoulder.

He shrugs, "I don't know. It seems like you two are tense."

I roll my eyes, "It may seem as if we are tense, but we aren't. She just knows a secret about me I don't want people knowing..."

"Huh? Are you gonna tell me? Is that why you asked me to walk home with you?" He interrogated, excitedly.

"Yeah, actually... That is why I asked you." I stare at him in awe.

Kaidou smiles, "So what is it?"

"I... Well, first you have to promise me you won't hate me after telling you." I stop walking.

Kaidou stares at me in shock. "Hate you? I'd never hate a friend!"

"Yeah... That's what you say until I tell what my secret is. We might not even be friends anymore..." I mutter sadly.

Kaidou puts his hand on my shoulder for reassurance, "We will always be friend. I will never hate you."

I gaze into his red eyes. Taking a deep breath, I start to tear up. "I-I'm... I'm not the best at expre-ssing my fe-feelings... But I... I hope you can love me... The way that I-I love you."

"L-l/n... I-" Kaidou starts, but immediately stops when he sees tears streaming down my face. "L/n!? Ar-are you okay?"

"S-sorry, I'm just-j-j... Scared..." I drop my bag and cover my face with my hands.

"Scared?" His voice is in a concerned whisper. I nod in reply. "W-why?"

Peeking through my fingers, I see Kaidou looking at me, worried. "Rejection... I have never felt this way for anyone before... I've had crushes before, but this... This is something entirely different."

Kaidou takes a deep breath in before taking my hands and removing them from my face. I sniffle and stare at him in confusion and curiosity. "L-l-l-l/n! I-i-i... I l-l-l-l... Ove yo-you-u too..."

My e/c eyes widened, "Really?"

He nod frantically. "My he-heart pounds m-more for y-y-you than I-it does fo-or Teruhashi-s-san."

I let some more tears drop from my eyes as I stare at Kaidou's crimson face. Smiling, I scoff. Kaidou let's go of my hands. I wipe my tears away with the back of my hands before grabbing my bag with one hand and Kaidou's hand with the other. Kaidou flinches, but sorta-not-really calms down. We interlock our fingers and start walking again. We walk in silence and before we knew it, we were at Kaidou's place.

"Thanks... For walking me h-home..." He walks up to the gate, never letting go of my hand.

I nod in reply, "We can do this all the time... If you want... To."

Kaidou blushes more, "I-I'd like that..."