✨Told you so✨

Thirty-four

"M-m/n?!" I open my eyes to see my adorable boyfriend. His face already crimson.

"Shun? What's wrong?" Moving back, I sit up and stretch.

Shun opens his mouth, but stops. Shaking his head he gets up from on top of me, stretching once his feet hit the floor. "We've got to get ready for school."

"Oh yeah..." I sigh miserably. "I just want to spend another day with you."

"Looks like my mom washed our uniforms for us." He reaches out to his uniform, which is hanging on the knob of the wardrobe.

My eyes widen, "Shun, that means she came in here when we were sleeping!"

His shoulder tense up in realization, "Oh my God! D-do you th-think she'll inetrrogate us?!"

Kicking my legs over the bed, I make my way to Shun, who was visibly shaking in fright. "I'm sure she'll just want an explanation. And we have a good explanation!"

"Gwah! I'm scared!" He bangs his head against the wooden door of the wardrobe.

"Hey, hey, hey! Calm down. Your mom will understand... Unlike mine." I mumble the last part under my breath, but it seems Shun heard it because he looked up with saddness stained over his face. Clearing my throat, I plaster a smile on my face. "Let's just get ready for school."

He nods in response. I notice how Shun's mom gave him a fresh uniform without any rips in it. I wonder if he already noticed the difference. I grab my white button up and put that on first, since I'm still shirtless.

Shun trembles behind me as we both walk down the stairs. I keep telling him everything will be fine, but in reality, I'm not so confident either.

"Good m-morning Mrs. Kaidou." I wave to her. She's in the kitchen fixing something up. Toki and Sora are sitting at the table eating French toast.

She looks over her shoulder and watches us walk to the table, sitting down next to each other. "Good morning boys. I assume you both slept well?"

Shun nods hesitantly, "Y-yep!"

Sora rolls her eyes, "Shun stop shaking the table."

"Huh- oh, okay sorry..." Shun wraps his arms around himself to stop the shaking.

Toki shoves the last of his breakfast into his mouth, "Mom! I'm going to school early!"

"Okay, but be careful. Sora, why don't you go with him?" Mrs. Kaidou walks over and sets down a plate in front of me and Shun.

Sora nods, "I need to go early anyways, I want to review my notes before the test today."

Sora and Toki take their plates to the sink before getting their backpacks and walking out of the house.

"We're off!" They say in unison.

Shun pokes at his food with a fork. His mom walks around the table and sits in front of me. She clears her throat to catch our attention. "I believe you both need to tell me something."

Shun slides his hands under the table, balling them into fists, "U-um..."

I lay my hand over Shun's, hoping to calm him down some. "It's alright."

"But what if..." He looks up at me with worried eyes.

"I prefer less suspense." Mrs. Kaidou sighs. "All I want to know is what your relationship is."

"Well..." I gently squeeze mt hand around Shun's. "We're dating..."

Shun shoots his head up from looking at his fists, "P-please don't hate me-- u-us!"

His mom's eyes widen in shock, "Hate you? Why on earth would I hate you?"

"B-because I'm d-d-d-dating a guy and n-not a g-girl." Shun squeaks out.

Mrs. Kaidou bellows wholeheartedly, "I'm not sure what ever gave you the impression that I would hate you for falling in love with someone, but I was just so surprised you never told me!"

"R-really?!" Shun beams happily. "I'm sorry for n-not telling you!"

"It's alright. I'm glade you found someone who loves you." She giggles.

I smile, "See? I told you so, Shun."

"I feel so light!" Shun sighs happily, plopping his head onto my shoulder in relief. "But M/n... What about your mom?" He sits up and stares into my eyes.

Mrs. Kaidou tilts her head in confusion, "What about his mother, Shun? Is there something wrong?"

Shun flinches. I just laugh it off, shaking my head in the process, "It's just some family buisness, that's all! Everything will blow over soon."

"Hm... Okay, but if you need to talk to someone, the door is always open. I'll be here to listen." She looks at me with concern filled eyes.

I smile, "Thank you. I'll be sure to remember that." I don't want to burden you like how I burdened Shun with that information...