✨To the Movies✨

Twenty

It's Saturday, 1:24 pm, and I have nothing to do. There aren't any errands I have to run today, which is a nice change, but now I'm just bored. Usually, I wouldn't mind having some downtime by myself.

"I guess I'll get some food..." I mumble to myself. I get up from my warm bed to get ready to leave. It's still chilly out so, I slip my f/c sweatshirt on and some random pair of pants I left on the floor. Exiting my room, I start looking for my wallet and house keys. "Strange, I'm pretty sure it was here."

I stare boredly at the white tiled kitchen counter. Then suddenly I jump. The house phone rings loudly throughout my quiet home. I sigh in annoyance as i walk over to the phone.

"Hello?"

"H-hey! Um..." It's Shun. A smile creeps onto my face. "I was wondering i-if you'd like to... Go to the movies with... Me... T-today."

"Yeah, I have no other plans today. What time?"

Shun pauses to think, "Well since you have no plans, why not now?"

"Sure, I'll head over to your place now."

"Ah! You don't have to do that!" I can hear the blush just forming on his cheeks.

I laugh, "But I want to."

"Err... O-okay..." He gives in.

"I'll see you soon then. Love ya." Immediately after I hang up. My heart skips a beat. Why did I say "Love ya?!" That's so stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Ugh!

With a very red face, I race around my home looking for the house keys and my wallet. Apparently, I had gotten tired yesterday that I threw them onto the floor in my room. At least they weren't lost forever. I snatch them up and walk for the front door.

"L/n-kun!" Shun's mom opens the door and smiles. "Are you here for Shun?"

"Yep, he wanted to watch a movie with me." I shrugged.

She giggles, "It's been awhile since he's been to the theater. What movie?"

I stare at her, stunned, "I never thought that far. We could choose a comedy film or action packed... Are there movies he can't watch?"

"Just any horror themes. He's a big baby, and cries every time he watches one." She shakes her head.

"Really? I remember him saying he wasn't afraid of those films." I chuckle.

She sighs, "He's always been a liar to look cool. It confuses me sometimes."

"Mom? Why are you talking to M/n?" Shun slowly walks down the stairs.

"Can't I have a friendly chat with your friend?" She glares back at him.

He jumps in fright, only to slip on a stair and fall down. Shun jumps up to his feet and stands straight, "Y-yes!"

"Yes I can't?"

"N-no!" Shun shakes in place.

"Hmm. Well, don't just stand there! Ger your shoes and coat on! L/n-kun is waiting!" His mother scolds.

He shrieks as he rushes to slip his shoes and coat on. "I-I'm leaving!"

"Have fun!" His mom calls.

Once we where out of the Kaidou residence field view, I snake my arm around Shun's waist. He flinchs.

"Are you really still nervous around me?" I question.

Shun rubs his hands together, "I've never had, you know, a b-boyfriend before... I also n-never thought about d-dating a b-b-b-boy!"

"Then we are the same." I peck his cheek. "I never thought about dating a boy until... I met you."

His cheeks become rosy, "H-how can you say such embarrassing things?!"

"You're just making it embarrassing!" Laughing, I ruffle up his already messy hair.

"I am not! If you say that to any other person, I bet they'd say it's embarrassing." He crosses his arms.

I smirk, "So we're betting now?"

"Yeah- what are you thinking?" He looks up at me, skeptical.

"I'm going to go up to a stranger and say something "embarrassing." If they don't tell me it's embarrassing, I win, but if they do, you win." I explain excitedly.

Shun glares into my e/c eyes, "What are the prizes of winning?"

"Easy, the loser has to do whatever the winner wants for 48 hours." I shrug.

"Okay, fine... Movie still on?" Shun tilts his head to the side, adorably.

My face heats up, "Y-yeah!"