✨Hints✨

Twelve

"So, L/n-kun, when are you going to tell him?" Mera sets down a cheesecake on your table.

"Tell who?" I took the fork from her hand and started eating.

She sits down across from you and sighs, "You know who!"

"No. I don't think I do." I stared at her blankly.

She leans in and smirks, "Kaidou."

I clear my throat, trying to hide my embarrassment. "I have nothing to tell him."

"Ugh, come on L/n! You have to tell him how you feel or else your worst nightmare will come true!" Mera huffs angrily.

"And what nightmare would that be?" I sassed back.

"Kuboyasu and Kaidou getting together. Or maybe Chiyo and Kaidou." She lists off all the possible relationships Kaidou could end up in. And it really wasn't a lot.

I roll my eyes, "I can't just force my feelings on to him. He'll be pressured to do something stupid."

"If you don't force your feelings on to him, he won't ever know you like-like him!" Mera stares at my half eaten cheesecake.

I blush, "I... Listen carefully because I'm not repeating it." I lean in, but hesitate. "I've given him... Hints that I like-like him."

Mera gasps, "Hints?!"

"Shhh! You imbecile!" I grab the cheesecake and shove it into her mouth. She sighs happily.

"Here," I left money on the table before rushing out of the café. Gosh! My face is so hot!

"L/n!" I stop walking and look across the street. It was Kaidou and a little boy.

I wave back at him, "Kaidou!"

Kaidou rushes over to me with the kid trailing behind him. "What're you doing?"

"Huh? Oh nothing. I just came from the café Mera works at." I stare back at the kid hiding behind Kaidou.

"Oh! That's nice." He laughs.

"Also, who's that?" I tilt my head, still looking at the kid.

Kaidou smiles, "Oh this is my little brother, Toki. Toki say hello to my side-kick!"

"Wah! You're his side-kick?" Toki's eyes sparkle with excitement. "Can you tell me about the battles you had with my big brother?

"Uh? Battles?" I look at Kaidou in confusion.

He scratches his head and laughs nervously, "L/n won't be able to tell you those stories! He has a concussion, so he can't remember things clearly!"

"So you saved him from being attacked by the Dark Reunion?" Toki lookd up at his brother with admiration.

"That is correct!" Kaidou poses.

I have no clue what's happening, but, "I may not remember what happened, but I am still in debt to you for saving me."

"L/n-san! Shun and I are going to a game store, you wanna come?" Toki tugs at my hand.

"Uh, sure. I don't have anything else to do." I smile.

"Wah! Two legendary heroes! So cool!" Toki shouts with excitement.