✨Cruise: Stranded✨

Twenty-five

"Ugh..." I open my eyes, light burning my irises as I did so. I sit up and rub my eyes. Suddenly, I feel a sharp pain on my lower back and left foot. I look around and see everyone lying half dead on a beach.

"Hm." I see Kuboyasu stir awake. "Huh? What the hell?"

"Good. You both are awake." I hear Saiki say. I turn around and see him.

Standing, I begin to dust myself off, "What happened?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Kuboyasu questions sassily.

"Of course it's obvious, I meant what happened to the ship!" I snapped back.

Kuboyasu growls at my snarky response. Rolling my eyes, I look around for Shun. I rush over to him once I spot him closer to the water.

"Shun. Shun! Wake up!" I shake him awake. He hums in response, but doesn't get up. Sighing, I reach for the water and splash his face.

"I'm up!" He shoots up to his feet. "Huh? Where are we?"

I stand up and swat some of the sand from his back, "On an island."

"Oh. An island... AN ISLAND?!" He looks at me, eyes widened with shock and disbelief.

"So... We are stranded?" Chiyo whimpers from afar.

"We'll be fine! Someone is bound to realize we are gone, so why don't we calm down and have something to eat. The kitchen is right there." Teruhashi smiles like a goddess.

Everyone nods. They start to gather at the kitchen. The moment I started to walk, I felt pain rise from my left foot up. And with my lower back being sore, it's even worse. My limping is noticeable.

"Huh? L/n-kun are you alright?" Teruhashi notices first.

"Yeah?" My tone came out harsher than I wanted.

She flinchs, "Sorry... It just looked like you were limping just now."

"Well my foot is sore, but it'll go away later." I shrug it off.

"Then you should put something cold on it to make sure!" Chiyo rummages through everything. "There's no ice! The fridge is obviously broken..."

"There's nothing to worry about! It's just sore, it'll get better over time." I yawn. Shun hands me [fav.snack]. "Thanks."

Shun's eyes don't leave mine, "Are you really okay?"

I smile and give him a nod. "Yes."

"Are you sure?" He steps closer and whispers.

I touch his forehead with mine, "I'm positive, so stop worrying."

Someone clears their throat. "Anyways. Since we're all okay, we should start thinking about getting back home." Kuboyasu announces.

"Why would we do that? My father most likely already sent a search party to find me." Saiko shrugs.

"But what if they can't find us in time? We could be dying of dehydration or starvation." Kuboyasu replies back.

Saiko rolls his eyes, "Fine. Do what you peasants want, but I will not take part in any of it."

Saiko takes two bags of chips and walks away. Teruhashi sighs, "Well? What do we do?"

"We could build a raft?" Shun suggests.

"We could." Kuboyasu agrees. "We should look around and see if we can find anything else from the ship wreak."

Everyone nods. Nendou isn't even listening. He's doing something with his hands behind the counter, but I can't tell what. Saiki walks away. Probably to explore the forest. Everyone breaks up to search for any useful utensils from the ship that also washed ashore.

"L/n, you shouldn't move around too much. If you did do something to your foot, you don't want to make it worse." Teruhashi stops me from walking any further.

Shun looks over his shoulder and nods. "she's right. You should just sit in the shade for a while."

"But I..." I start to protest, but stop when I see the look Shun is giving me. Sighing, I nod, "Fine. But if you guys need some help, then just ask."

They both nod before taking off. I groan in annoyance as I walk up to the forest. I sit on and rock that's under the shade of the tall, green trees. I feel so useless...