✨Coming Out✨

Thirty

"I don't have a girl." I lead my mother I to a random café.

She crosses her arms, "Oh come on! I want cute grandbabies!"

"I'm only 17!" We sit down at a table, so I take the chance to lean over the table. A waiter comes over to take our orders. Mom orders [random] cake, while I order [fav.cake]. The waiter comes back a moment later and sets down our orders.

"Yeah, 17. Almost 18 you twerp!" Mom pinches my nose. "You've only had one girlfriend-"

"And I would rather not talk about her." I sigh annoyed.

Mom clicks her tounge, "Just because she gave you a little trouble does not mean every girl will do that to you. Just give them a chance!"

"By "a little trouble" you mean how she continuously cheated on me with various of older guys-- you've got to be kidding me!" I snapped back.

She sighs, "It was the people she hang out with that changed her. You knew she was a really nice and smart girl."

"And yet she changed so she could be cool..." I sighed, "Well it's the past now. Plus, that was back in middle school. I'm completely over it."

"You should at least give someone else a chance." Mom reaches out, cupping my hands in her cold ones.

My heart thumped loudly in my chest, "Theoretically speaking, what would you do if I decided to go for a guy this time?"

She pauses. Her e/c eyes stare deeply into mine. "I guess you can try, but I'd really like some grandkids..."

"I'm guessing you don't approve..." I pull my hands away from her grasp and hide my face.

"W-well, you're still single, so just think it over. Okay sweetie? If you need some help finding a girl then I can ask a friend from work to see if they're willing to arrange something." She tries to give me a reassuring smile.

I feel tears welling up in my eyes, just daring to start streaming down my face. I rub my eyes to try to stop the welling. I feel mom's hand, under my chin, push my face up from my hands. Tears slowly make their way down. "Mom... I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry?" She squeaks. Her voice is hoarse, she's beginning to tear up as well. She very empathetic.

"Because," I sniffle, "I'm in love with a guy."